Brother printers are quite popular for their printing quality and speed. However, just like other machines, Brother printers also face a variety of technical issues out of which the most common is when your Brother printer keeps going offline. If the Brother printer offline issue keeps bothering you also then the following guide will come in handy.
So let us learn how to get a Brother printer from offline to online. Here we go:
Brother Printer Offline: Main Causes
If your Brother printer keeps going offline often, you will not be able to print any document. The Brother printer offline issue can occur due to several reasons. Some of the most common reasons why is your Brother printer offline have been mentioned below:
- Interruption in Wi-fi connection
- Damage of USB internet cable
- Corrupted printer driver
- Brother printer is on ‘Sleep mode’
- Overdue Print queues on your device
There can be more reasons as to why your Brother printer keeps going offline. Irrespective of the types of reasons you can always fix them.
Troubleshooting Tips to Deal With Brother Printer Offline Issue
Before jumping into the detailed methods when your Brother printer says offline, it is better to first get familiar with some easy troubleshooting tips first.
- Check the Internet Connection: If you are losing your internet connection every few minutes, then it is possible that a poor internet connection is a reason your Brother printer keeps going offline. You are advised to reconnect your device with a strong network.
- Check the Network Settings: At first disable the network settings as many of the routers have a timeout cycle in which they close a port because it has been used for some time. If you disable the settings and reset the settings you may not face such issues.
- Power Off & On: Switch off your operating system and leave it for a while and switch it on again. This will probably solve many problems along with brother printer keeps going offline
Once you follow one or more tips from the above you will see the problem is changed. In case, it does not and you still want to know how to get a Brother printer from offline to online, read the below-mentioned detailed solutions.
How to Fix Brother Printer Offline?
If you are receiving an error message that says that the Brother printer keeps going offline, then you might not be able to print any documents.
Do you want to know how to get a Brother printer from offline to online mode? Here are the best and most effective solutions.
Install latest Brother Printer & Reset IP Address
One the most possible reason why your Brother printer keeps going offline is the wrong IP address. To get rid of this issue and change the status of your printer to online, install the latest firmware and configure the IP address. Follow the below-mentioned steps to make sure you are in the right direction.
- Start your Windows 10 operating system and open the ‘My PC’ folder
- Navigate to the ‘Network’ and double-click on it to open it
- Choose the second tab that is ‘Printers’ and right-click on the same and select the option of Update Software’ to fix the Brother printer offline Windows 10 issue
- You will see two options. Click on the ‘Machine Update’ among them and hit the ‘Exit’ button
- To ensure that the Brother printer is connected correctly, select the ‘Brother Printer’ by its model name and click on ‘Ok’
- Set ‘English’ as the ‘Language’. Check the ‘Title’ and then hit the ‘Transfer’
- A confirmation notice will appear on your screen. Click on ‘Start’ and the firmware will start transferring the files and updating the software simultaneously
The users are recommended not to interrupt the process while the software is updating. Once the software is updated, set up the correct IP address to make sure that the brother printer says offline Windows 10 status changes to online.
- Go back to the ‘Printers’ section and click on the option ‘Add Printers’
- Choose the option of ‘Add a printer using IP address’ and click on ‘Next’
- Now, find out the correct IP address of your Brother printer and enter the ‘Port Name’ as well
- Once the correct IP address has been entered, click on ‘Next’ and ‘OK’
If you still could not deal with the issue, follow the other solution mentioned below.
Delete All The Print Jobs and Re-install The Brother Printer And Fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline
Another solution to deal with Brother printer says offline is the cancelation of all print jobs sent to the printer, and then the uninstallation of the printer. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps and deal with the Brother printer offline issue in a jiffy.
- Start your device and open the ‘Control Panel’ and select the tab of ‘All Control Panel Items’
- Open the ‘Devices and Printers’ and drop down the option ‘Printer’
- Hit the button of ‘Cancel All Documents’ and go back to the folder and right-click on the name of the printer
- Select the option of ‘Remove the device’ and leave the process till the Brother printer uninstalls
- Now, add the Brother printer back to the computer manually by entering the correct IP address of the Brother printer.
After canceling the pending print jobs and reinstalling the Brother printer software by following the aforementioned steps, if your Brother printer says offline, then this issue will be solved. Don’t forget to restart your operating system to start your device fresh.
Disable SNMP Settings to Fix Brother Printer Offline Mac
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) protocol is used to apply more security and some additional operations in the connection. Disabling SNMP settings may fix any printer issues along with the ‘Brother printer says offline’ issue. Now follow the below-mentioned steps and disable the feature to get rid of the problem
- Start your Apple Macbook Air system and open the ‘Apple Menu’ then, select the ‘Devices’
- Double-click on ‘Printers and Fax’ to open it and navigate yourself towards the name of your printer
- Right-click on the printer software and select the ‘Properties’ option and further, choose the ‘Ports’
- Under the ‘Port Settings’ section, navigate yourself towards the end and ‘SNMP Status Enabled’ option and uncheck the option and hit the button of ‘Ok’
Once you finish applying all the steps and hit the button of ‘Ok’, the changes you made will be changed. Now, the issue will also be solved. We suggest you to reboot your device once to start afresh.
In case, this solution couldn’t help you, jump to the next solution.
Set The Printer As Default And Fix Brother Printer Offline
A printer labeled as a ‘Default Printer’ is the one where the machine automatically sends all its jobs without you having to pick them. Setting the printer as default is one of the simplest ways to deal with any printer problem. Hence, follow the below-mentioned steps one by one and set your printer as default and fix the Brother wireless printer offline issue on Windows 7.
- Start the Windows operating system and press ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together
- Enter ‘Control’ in the blank space and hit the ‘Enter’ button. ‘Control Panel’ folder will automatically open
- Open the ‘Device and Printers’ from the presented options and find your Brother printer
- Right-click on the Brother printing device and under the ‘See what’s printing’ section click on the ‘Set as default printer’
After setting your printer as default, restart your device and check if the Brother printer offline issue has been fixed by trying to print a document. If not, follow the next troubleshooting method.
Disable Antivirus Software And Fix Brother Printer keeps Going Offline
An overprotective antivirus software can also be the reason why Brother printer keeps going offline. At times, some antivirus software adds an extra firewall layer on Windows and monitors all incoming and outgoing data. This also changes the status to offline and stops the printer from printing.
Follow the below-mentioned easy to execute steps and disable the antivirus software to get rid of the Brother printer offline issue.
- Click on the ‘Start’ and go to the ‘Settings’ folder
- Open ‘Update and Security’ folder and find the folder of ‘Windows Security’ and tap on the ‘Virus and Threat Protection’ section
- Here will be the installed ‘Antivirus’ program, right-click on the software select the ‘Real-time Protection’
- Turn off the ‘Real-time Protection’ the users must know that the antivirus will still scan the device but will not interrupt the printing jobs to be done.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, check whether the Brother printer keeps going offline issues have been resolved or not.