HP printers offer first-class facilities to its users worldwide. If you have also bought a new HP wireless printer and do not know how to set it up on your operating system, then this detailed guide will come in handy. In this guide, we bring to you the best procedures and guidelines on how to set up HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver through its official 123.hp.com/setup page.
How to Set up the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver via 123.hp.com/setup 6978 On Windows?
There are two ways to connect an HP Officejet Pro 6978 with your Windows operating system. Configure your new printer by visiting the www.123.hp.com/setup page through SSID and password, WPS ways.
- Take out your new HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and turn it ‘On’
- Open your Windows operating system on the other side and click on ‘Start’
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and open the folder of ‘Network and Connectivity’
- Click on the ‘HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer’ icon and press on the ‘Settings’ to open it.
- Select the wizard of ‘Setup’ and hit the button of ‘OK’
Once you click on the ‘OK’ button, the wizard searches the available networks automatically and displays it on your system.
- Click on the correct ‘HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless network’ and follow the on-screen instructions and set up the wireless printer.
- Visit the official website of HP printers to download the printer software if needed. For example, if you have purchased a HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the ‘Internet Browser’ and type ‘123.hp.com/setup 6978’
- Find the option of ‘Download’ and click on it to download the printer software of this particular model number.
- Once the download is done, open the file and click on ‘Run’
- Now, enter the WPS that is Wi-Fi credentials or SSID of your home network to connect your Printer with your operating system without any problem.
How to Do HP Officejet Pro 6978 Set Up on Mac via the 123.hp.com/setup?
Setup your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printers on Mac through WPS or SSID by following the below-mentioned steps one by one.
- To begin with the process of how to set up an HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless printer, make sure that the below-mentioned devices are turned ‘On’. If not, turn all of them ‘On’:
- HP wireless printer
- Now, on a Mac device, open the ‘Control Panel’ and click on the ‘Wireless’ icon.
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Settings’ icon and click on it. Now, the Wireless Setup Wizard will automatically start.
- When the wizard identifies the presented network and displays them, choose the name of the printer you want to set up on your Mac device.
- Now, download the wireless printer from the official website. If you have an HP wireless printer of model no. 5055, then follow the enlisted steps:
- Open ‘Safari’ or any other internet browser and type ‘123.hp.com/setup 5055’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Download’ option and hit on the key to start the download
- In case, if you already have the HP wireless printer of model no. 5055 then, just click on the ‘Update’ button and leave your Mac for a while
- Once the HP printer software is downloaded or updated, continue with implementing the steps.
- Open the ‘Menu’ on your Macbook and navigate yourself towards the lower-left corner and select the ‘Printer’ icon.
- Open the folder of ‘System Preferences’ and select the ‘HP wireless printer of model no. 5055’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button and set up the printer. Once the printer is successfully added. Restart your Mac device to use your printer in order to scan any document or print it.
While configuring the HP Officejet Pro 6978 driver through the http//123.hp.com/setup page you encounter an error in Wireless setup wizard, follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall the existing driver and reinstall on your operating system.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and go to the ‘Device and Printers’.
- Now, select the name of your ‘HP wireless printer’ that is configured on your device and right-click on it.
- Select the ‘Uninstall’ amongst the options and hit the button.
- After the device is uninstalled, visit the 123.hp.com/setup 5255/8710 page or mention the model number of your HP printer.
- Download the printer and follow the setup steps again.
How to Connect an HP Envy 5055 Printer With a Smartphone?
To set up a HP Envy 5055 Printer wireless network connection, it is not necessary that you should have a laptop or a personal computer, you can configure an HP Envy 5055 Printer on your mobile. Whether you are accessing iOS or Android phones, you can setup HP printer through the 123.hp.com/setup 5055 website and implement the below-mentioned steps.
Before jumping into the solutions, make sure both your operating system and HP printer is connected with the same WPS or Mobile connection.
Setup HP printer on Android Phone
- Open your Android phone’s play store application first and type ‘HP Print Service’ in the search bar to install it on your mobile phone.
- Once, the installation is done. Open the downloaded file and click on ‘Run’.
- Now, go to the folder where the document is located that you want to print.
- Navigate yourself towards the ‘Menu’ icon and open it.
- Choose the option of ‘Print’ and click on ‘Change Preferences’ to change the printer settings as per your requirements.
- Replace the name of the printer as per your new HP wireless printer.
- At last, hit the button of ‘Print’ to start the print job.
Setup HP printer on iPhone Device
- Open the document or image you want to print on the home screen, and select it.
- Go to the ‘123.hp.com/setup 5055’ page which is the official website and click on the ‘Download’ button.
- If you are using an HP Envy 5055 Printer then, you can directly type 123.hp.com/setup in the search box and hit on the ‘Download’ to get the software of your particular model.
- Once the software is installed, ‘Run’ the file and ‘Add’ the name of the printer.
- On the other hand, you can also set up an HP printer by tapping the sharing icon under the printable section.
- And click on the ‘+’ that is ‘Add’ icon to connect your printer.
- Now, add the name of the printer and finish the configuration.
- Select the document you want to print and navigate yourself to the ‘Printer’ icon and click on it.
If you have configured or set up the HP wireless printer correctly then, the printer will scan and print documents without any interruption.
|123.HP.Com/Setup 6978||123.HP.Com/Setup 8710||123.HP.Com/Setup 6970|
|123.HP.Com/Setup 5055||123.HP.Com/Setup 3830||123.HP.Com/Setup 3752|
|123.HP.Com/Setup 5255||123.HP.Com/Setup 6968||123.HP.Com/Setup 5258|
|123 HP Com DJ3630 Printer Setup||123.HP.Com/Setup 2600||123.HP.Com/Setup 2652|
|123 HP Com OJ3830 Setup||123.HP.Com/Setup 5252||123.HP.Com/Setup 3755|
Enable Webscan Setup via the 123.hp.com/setup
Webscan is an ingrained web server technology for document or image scanning without the use of HP scanner software. Learn how to enable the Webscan setup by visiting the http//123.hp.com/setup page by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your operating system and go to the web browser and search for the ‘123.hp.com/setup’ page and hit the button of ‘Enter’.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section and drop down the available options.
- Select the option of ‘Administration Settings’.
- Now to enable the setup,select the ‘Webscan from ingrained server’.
- At last, hit the button of ‘Apply’.
Once you apply the aforementioned steps, Webscan will be installed and enabled to scan any type of document.
How to Deal With the ‘HP Printer Not Found’ Issue?
Are you not able to configure the HP wireless printer even after following the aforementioned steps because you are not able to find the ‘Network Driver Setup’ on your operating system? Don’t worry! For all those who are facing similar issues, just read the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips and apply one or more of them to deal with the issue.
- Check the status of Printer connection – Be sure that your HP wireless printer is not connected to any guest network. Check the internet connection status as well as the printer to make it ready for the setup procedure.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Printer software again – Take out the USB cable from the printer and go to the ‘Control Panel’ on your operating device. Open the ‘Programs and Features’ tab and select the option of ‘Uninstall’. Follow the on-screen instruction to proceed and once the HP printer software is uninstalled, restart your computer. Now, visit the official website of HP printers that is 123.hp.com/setup and download.
- Reboot the Printer, Router, and Computer – First of all, disconnect the power from the router and switch off your HP printer wireless printer. Close all the opened tabs on your operating system and restart your computer. After a while, connect the power to the router again and turn the printer on as well. Re-visit the www.123.hp.com/setup page and download the HP wireless printer software to configure the printer on your system.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor – HP Print and Scan Doctor is the printer’s own troubleshooting tool that detects and terminates all kinds of problems. To use the doctor tool in order to troubleshoot 123.hp.com/setup errors, you will have to download its software on your operating system. Download the program from the website and then right-click on the product that is not working and click on ‘Retry’. Follow the rest instructions as per given on-screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to 123.hp.com/setup
If you are left with any question, the following guide of answers to the most frequently asked questions on HP printer installation via http//123.hp.com/setup will come in handy.
There are 5 stages to set an HP printer at your home or workplace. Follow the steps of the stages one by one and successfully configure it via 123 hp com oj3830 setup.
Unpackaging your HP printer
1: Once you arrive home/ office with your latest HP printer, unpack it immediately.
2: Remove all the content from outside the printer such as tape and packaging.
3: Remove the tape and packaging from inside as well and take out the HP printer.
1: Once the packaging is done, take out the wire and plug-in.
2: Plug-in to your operating system and to the power source and turn the ‘Switch’ on.
3: Now, go to the ‘Printer Control’ and then,‘Settings’ to set the following requirements before proceeding:
4: Click on ‘Save Changes’ to submit the information.
Set up the Ink Cartridge
1: Open the door of the cartridge and wait until the carriage is idle before continuing with further steps.
2: Insert it into the ink cartridge after removing the tape.
3: Make sure that you have enabled the ‘Sound’ option as a ‘Click Sound’ will notify that ink cartridges have been securely configured.
4: Now, follow the on-screen information and finish the alignment of the ink cartridges
5: Open the ‘Paper Tray’ and load it with the blank white papers. Make sure that the papers are of correct dimensions and quality as per what has been set into your operating system. Otherwise, the paper may get stuck.
6: Now, connect the HP wireless printer with the computer by opening the ‘Driver’ folder.
7: Select the ‘Name’ of your printer and enter the ‘Printer Model’ to confirm the OS version.
8: Choose the ‘Type of the Connection’ and follow the rest instruction given on-screen.
If you want to connect your HP wireless printer with your Wi-Fi network, you must follow the below-mentioned steps carefully. The following method is effective, easy to execute, and does not require any technician’s help.
1: Make sure your operating system and network are compatible with each other until logging in.
2: Go to the 123.hp.com/setup page and find your printer configuration, then search for the ‘Printer model number’ and press the ‘Install’ button.
3: Now open the ‘Downloads’ folder and double-click the ‘Printer setup program’ tab to open.
4: Turn your ‘HP Wireless Printer’ ‘On’ and prepare your printer to connect to your operating device.
5: Reach to the ‘Network’ section by following the instructions given on-screen.
6: When an option of ‘Wireless printer’ will prompt on your screen, click on ‘Ok’ and ‘Next’.
7: Now click on ‘Yes, give the printer my wireless settings’ and wait while your wireless printer connects to the operating system.
8: Once you receive all the related information. Hit the button of ‘Finish’ and print the documents using the newly configured wireless printer.
The installation procedure of an HP wireless printer into your operating system completes in just a few steps. To begin with the steps, buy a CD of HP printer from the official HP India retail shop and follow the subsequent lists.
1: Take out the CD from the pack and insert in your Disk Drive
Note: You must ensure that the CD has no scratches.
2: Your operating system will notify you about the CD inserted, click on the message
2: Click on the ‘Start’ button and go to the ‘Computers’
3: Double click on ‘CD Drive..’ and open it
4: Hit the button of ‘Run’ after reading and agreeing with the ‘Terms and Conditions’
5: Follow the on-screen instruction, if any and the installation process will complete
Now, you can scan and print any document via your new HP printer.
If you want your Mac device to recognize the new HP wireless printer, read the below-mentioned and implement them one by one.
1: Switch ‘On’ the HP wireless printer and complete the configuration procedure to connect the device with the internet network. Select the Wi-Fi network name and enter the WPS credentials to connect.
2: Click on ‘Menu’ to open in on your Macbook and select the option of ‘Software Update’. This is to cross-check if there are any new updates available for your printer.
3: Go back to the ‘Menu’ and select the ‘System Preferences’ option.
4: Now open the section of ‘Hardware’ and click on the ‘Print and Scan’ option’.
5: Select the option of ‘Nearby printer’ by clicking on ‘+’ button.
6: Select the ‘Name’ of your printer by clicking the ‘Default’ tab.
7: Click on the ‘IP’ tab in case you did not find the name of your HP wireless printer.
8: Enter the correct ‘IP address’ of the printer and hit the button of ‘Add’.
If you want to uninstall your HP printer software from your computer and then reinstall it, follow the instructions:
1: Start the Windows operating system and type ‘Devices and Printers’
2: Once the ‘Device and Printer’ folder is opened, look for the ‘Name’ of your printer that is installed
3: Right-click on the HP wireless printer software and choose ‘Delete or Remove’ from the enlisted options
4: Press ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together to ‘Run’ the command
5: Now, type ‘printui.exe/s’ in the ‘Search Bar’ and hit the button of ‘Ok’
6: Open the ‘HP Printer Driver’ and if it gets detected, click on ‘Remove’ option
7: Remove all the other instances of HP printer software
8: Restart the operating system, before that close all the tabs
9: Once the PC starts after a while, download and install your HP wireless printer via 123.hp.com/setup page
Once you apply all the aforementioned steps you will be able to uninstall and reinstall the HP wireless software immediately.
Left with more questions? Drop them into our comment section and get immediate answers.
We are hopeful that this detailed and informative guide helped you. In case you could not follow any of the above-mentioned procedures and seek some help, contact our customer support.