Are you looking for a complete and easy guide on how to scan a document on a Canon printer? Then you have come to the right place. The following guide brings to you all you need to know before scanning documents on a Canon printer. So let’s get going:
Scanning Documents on Canon Printer
This section will help you make a digital version of any document by scanning them on a Canon printer. The method depends on the types of systems you are using such as Mac and Windows.
|Scan a Document on a Canon Printer MP250||Scan a Document on canon Pixma Printer|
|Scan a Document on Canon MX340 Printer||Scan a Document on a Canon Printer|
Preparation for Scanning a Document on Canon Printer
- An all-in-one Canon printer model has the feature to scan and print. There are other printer models that can only print. So make sure that the Canon printer you are using can scan as well.
- Make sure that the Canon printer is connected. Many Canon printers cum scanners have to be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth and a touch-screen panel. Check if you have the same device for scanning documents on Canon printer and connect it with your computing device.
Note: Canon printers cum scanners can also be connected to your system by a USB cable. But, for that, your printer must not have the wireless feature.
- Start your printer by pressing long on the ‘Power’ button of the Canon printer for a few seconds. In case your printer is not turning on, make sure that your printer is connected to the source of working power.
- Open the Canon printer scanner and lift up the lid of the scanning machine.
- You will see the glass bottom. Here you must insert or place a document that you want to scan.
- Place the document face-down to the glass bottom of the scanner.
- On the glass bottom, you can see the markings that usually indicate how the document should be oriented in the scanner.
(Take help from the guide to learn how to insert the paper.)
- Now close the lid of the scanner and firmly put it back on its place for scanning documents on Canon printer.
After following the aforementioned steps carefully, your Canon printer cum scanner will be ready to scan the document you inserted in the tray or on the bottom glass. Now, follow the phase two of the process of how to scan a document on a Canon printer.
How to Scan a Document on a Canon Printer in Windows 10 & 7?
The below-mentioned steps are applicable to the Windows system.
- Open your Windows operating system and click on the ‘Start’ in the lower-left corner of the display.
- Scroll down the programs and find and select the ‘Windows Accessories’.
- Expand the options of ‘Windows Accessories’ and click on the ‘Windows Fax and Scan’ folder to open it.
- Navigate towards the top-left corner and click on the ‘File’ and expand its options.
- Click on the ‘New’ and further select the option of ‘Scan’, your system will detect the available scanners and present the list of the printing or scanning machines connected on your screen.
- Choose the printer you used for the prior method of preparation of scanning documents on Canon printer.
- In case, you could not find the printer by its name, click on the ‘Change’ and again select your Canon printer.
- Now, choose the ‘Profile’ option and drop-down its options to select the ‘Type of the document’ for example ‘Image’.
- Select the drop-down the options of ‘Color Format’ and select one among the following:
- Black and White
- Now, select and expand the options of ‘File Type’ and choose one among the following:
- GIF etc
- The scanned document will be saved in the selected format on your computer.
(As we have selected to scan a ‘Document’, it is suggested to choose ‘PDF’ as the ‘File Type’)
- Explore the options and like ‘Resolution’ and others that can modify your scanned document depending on the Scanner.
- Now, navigate towards the ‘Preview’ and click on it to start the process of scanning a document on Canon printer.
- Wait until the printer starts scanning your document. After a while, a preview of the digital version of the paper will be pulled up on the screen.
- In case the scanned document appears to be bent, distorted or cut off, you should change the arrangement of the document in your scanner and click on the ‘Preview’.
- Once you are satisfied with the scanned document, save it to find the scanning document later.
- Click on the ‘Start’ and open the ‘File Explorer’.
- Select the ‘Documents’ on the ‘top-left’ corner of your screen and click on the ‘Scanned documents’.
After following the above-mentioned instructions, the document you inserted in the tray of the scanner and saved in the documents folder.
How to Scan a Document on a Canon Printer on Mac?
The below-mentioned steps are applicable to Macbook Air system:
- Start your Macbook and navigate towards the ‘Apple’ logo to click on it
- Expand the options and click on the ‘Apple Menu’ and select to open the ‘System Preferences’.
- Here, there will be a folder of ‘Printers and Scanners’ double-click on it to open.
- The list of the available printers will be presented on your screen. Choose the ‘Canon printer’ that you want to use for scan.
- Hit the tab of ‘Scanner’ located at the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select the option of ‘Scan’ your device will start scanning the document you placed on the glass bottom
- After a while, click on the ‘Show Details’ tab that is the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘Type of file’ by clicking on the ‘Format’, expand the options from the box, and choose the ‘Type’ of file you want to use to save the scanned document. For example PDF or JPEG.
(Select ‘PDF’ as the file type for the best solution)
- Now, select the ‘Kind of Color’, click on the ‘Type’ box and drop-down the options to select a color of your choice between
- Black and White
(Many Canon printers do not have many options to choose the color variation, select as per your printer model.)
- Now, select the ‘Storage Location’, by clicking on the ‘Save To’ tab and selecting any folder from the given options like:
- Change other on-page options for saving scanned documents such as if you want to change the ‘Resolution’ value or the ‘Orientation’ value here, depending on the type of file that you are scanning.
- Click on the ‘Scan’ button on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
After this, the scanner will start scanning your document into your computer. Later, you’ll be able to locate it at your selected save location once it’s completed.
Why Choose us to Scan Document?
After following the lengthy yet easy to execute process of how to scan a document on a Canon printer, you will learn to scan and save the scanned documents. Keep reading our tech articles for more such information.