“How to clean printer heads?” is one of the most frequently asked questions even today. If you are also intrigued by this question, then our following guide on how to clean printer heads will prove very helpful to you.
Many users use different printer brands, due to which we are providing solutions for some renowned brands, in these table, we are providing some questions which may cause in the user’s mind.
|How to Clean Epson Printer Head||How to Clean Brother Printer Heads|
|How to Clean Hp Inkjet Printer Heads||How to Clean Thermal Printer Head|
|How to Clean Canon Printer Head||How to Clean Roland Printer Head|
How to Clean Printer Heads on Mac?
If you are a Macbook user and looking for methods on how to clean Epson printer head then go through the following:
Note: These instructions can be applied to printers of any brand.
- Open your Macbook and long press the ‘Power’ button to turn it on.
- Navigate your cursor towards the upper-left corner of the screen and click on the ‘Apple’ icon to open its ‘Menu’.
- Drop-down its options and click on the ‘System Preferences’ and open the folder.
- In the ‘System Preferences’ folder, navigate towards the ‘Far-right’ side of the screen and double-click on the ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Click on the ‘Printer’ by its name from the ‘upper-left’ corner of the screen by clicking on it.
Note: Make sure you choose the same printer that you want to clean printer heads off.
- A ‘Print-Scan’ window will open on the right side of your screen and click on the ‘Options and Supplies’.
- A window will open on your screen, here navigate towards the ‘Utility’ tab and click on it.
- There will be an option of ‘Open Printer Utility’, click on it.
- Under the ‘WH Printer Utility’ window, drop-down the ‘Cleaning’ tab.
- Choose the option of ‘Deep Cleaning – Unclogs nozzles that cannot be cleared by regular cleaning’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. In case you are asked to press any button or something, do so while cleaning the printer heads.
In the background, your printer will then clean the printer head itself, and then, you can start printing your papers.
- There will be an option to print a check page, ‘Test print’, click on it, and validate whether the cleaning process has succeeded or not.
Following the aforementioned steps of how to clean Epson L210 printer head manually must have helped you in cleaning the print heads of any brand. In case, you could clean and are looking for another method of how to clean printer heads, read the next section.
How to Clean Brother Printer Heads on Windows?
Could not clean Brother printer heads by following the aforementioned steps, don’t worry! These steps will make your task easier. Read and follow all the steps one by one.
People other than Brother printer users can also apply the same steps to their respective printer.
- Turn on your Windows operating system by pressing long on the ‘Power’ button and click on the ‘Start’ button on the ‘lower-left’ of your screen
- Click on the ‘Search’ bar and type, ‘Control’, and from the search results, choose the option of ‘Control Panel’ that has a blue, circuit board-shaped and open the folder.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ folder, there will be many other folders, click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ with a printer-shaped icon.
In case you have enabled the option to choose items by using ‘Categories view’ then, first click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ heading and then choose ‘Printers and Scanners’
- Open the ‘Printers and Scanners’ Menu. Find the printer of which you want to clean printer heads and right-click on the name to expand the options.
- Choose the option of ‘Printing Properties’ from the expanded options at the bottom of the list.
- A new window of ‘Printing Properties’ will appear. The window is divided into two further sections ‘Hardware’ and ‘General’. Click on the ‘Hardware and Maintenance’ tab.
- Under the ‘Device Functions’, there will be the name of all the devices connected to your Windows.
There are few printers that have a ‘Self-cleaning’ feature if you have such a printer, click on ‘More Options’ or ‘Tools’ to make the method of how to clean Brother printer heads tab as well.
- Otherwise, Go to the ‘Device Services’ in the ‘upper-right’ corner of the screen.
- Drop-down the options and click on the ‘Cleaning’ option.
- You will be asked to choose what printer item you want to clean, ‘Clean Heads’ or ‘Clean Cartridges,’ choose none, and stick to the ‘Clean’ option in the window.
- An option of ‘Clean Printer’s print heads’ will be prompt on your screen, click on the option and proceed.
- Read and follow the instructions prompting on screen.
If prompted to do or click anything during the cleaning process, do so. Otherwise, your printer should clean itself, after which you can resume printing your documents.
Wait till the Brother printer heads are cleaned. Once, it’s cleaned, follow the rest of the steps.
- You will see an option of ‘Print a test page’ and verify if the efforts after learning how to clean printer heads actually cleaned your printer heads properly.
We hope, after following the correct steps of how to clean Brother printer heads, the printer heads are much cleaned and print quality is also good. In case, your print quality says clogged print heads, you must follow the one last method.
How to Manually Clean Print Heads On Epson Printer?
If none of the criteria worked for you to clean the printer heads then, one last way is to clean it manually. Follow the below-mentioned instructions and apply them to your printing device.
Make a note that if you have a printer other than the Epson brand and want to learn how to clean printer heads manually, you may follow the enlisted steps. The instructions are applicable to any printer irrespective of their brands.
- Arrange your pre-requirements in order to clean your printer’s print heads as per the follows
- A bowl
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Tissue or clean cotton cloth
- Once you have arranged the aforementioned things, switch off the printer by pressing long on the ‘Power’ button, and take out the ‘Power’ cable from the printer’s backside. This step will prevent your printer’s parts like cartridges from getting damaged.
- Open the tray of the printer and take out the ink cartridges very carefully one by one.
- After removing the ink cartridges carefully, open the main casing of the Brother printer, make sure that all the cartridges are removed and out of the printer.
- Now, move towards the area where the ‘Print head’ unit is located and remove it carefully. That is the plate where the cartridges are located. Many gaps can be seen in the lower of the print head panel.
- Read the instructions from the manual guide to know how to proceed.
- Take the ‘Water bottle’ and a bottle of ‘Isopropyl alcohol’ (mentioned in the pre-requirements). Mix both the liquids in a 50:50 ratio and keep it in a container or ‘Bowl’.
- Mix the liquids well. Because mixing is important as the print heads can be damaged by the highly concentrated liquid. Hence, mix it until it decreases alcohol’s obnoxious effects.
- Make sure that the mixture of ‘Isopropyl’ and ‘Water’ is one-quarter of an inch deep bowl.
- Take the ‘Print head’ in your hand and dump it in the bowl. Make sure that liquid mixture is coming half an inch upwards of the print head.
- Let the ‘Print head’ sit inside the bowl and be wet for two-three minutes.
- To remove all the wetness and moisture from the print head, rinse the water from a tissue, and dab the item on the paper towel.
Make sure that the Epson print head is dried up and clean. Then, move forward to complete the method of how to clean the print head.
- Once the print head is clean and dry, locate it back on its place originally.
- Place the ink cartridges one by one and close the main casing properly.
- Do not forget to plug back the ‘Power’ cable in the printer and start your printer by long pressing the ‘Power’ button.
- Turn on your PC, in case it is off. And open any document to request for print
- Print a test page and check if your Epson printer is now working well. Check the print quality as well, if cleaning the print head has helped your printer to perform well.
After following the aforementioned steps thoroughly, you must have learned how to clean print heads of the Epson printer. Users other than the Epson printer will also be able to execute the steps. In case you see the printer still cannot print well, take out the print head again and leave it in the alcoholic mixture overnight.
Tips for After Cleaning Printer Head
Although this article will always be available for the troubled printer users of any brand who wants to learn how to clean printer heads still, we should always learn to stop such errors from taking place. Follow the two below-mentioned tips and make sure of these while printing any document.
- Use your printer at least once in a week, printing papers very often will help you to prevent clogged print heads.
- If the printer uses print head cartridges, you should still swap the stuck ink cartridge with a new one and stop using the out-dated ones.
Remember the aforementioned points while taking care of the printer.
After going through the article, we hope that you could clean the printer heads on your own. These methods mentioned in the article on how to clean printer heads were not only easy to execute but also can be applied to every printer brand. In case, you have some doubts, you must clear it immediately, contact our technical experts and get rid of any issues regarding how to clean printer heads.