If you have been using a Canon printer for a while then the canon printer offline error might have popped up from time to time. There might be a couple of different reasons behind your canon printer not working. Let’s look at some solutions for it.
Check if your printer is connected properly. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Check if the USB Port is inserted properly.
- Make sure the printer shows up on Windows Hardware Section
- Make sure that your wifi is working and is connected to the printer
- You will have to also check if your modem is connected to the wifi network
- If you still receive the canon printer offline error then you might need to switch to a wired version instead of wifi.
How to Fix Canon Printer Offline on Windows 10
If you are still wondering why my canon printer offline on windows 10 then check your printer settings and see if everything appears normal:-
- Start by restarting your wifi router and see if it is connected to the internet.
- Go to the control panel
- Go to devices
- Click on Printer settings
- Look at the printer status and make sure that it is online
- Check if there are any pending print requests. If there are pending requests then clear those.
- Make sure that the printer that you use is selected as default.
- Look for the SNMP option and uncheck it if it is already selected.
- If you are using a VPN connection, close it and try and access your printer.
Another answer to your question why is my canon printer offline can be related to the Print Spooler service. To take care of it, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- A printer restart is needed to tackle this error.
- Boot up your system.
- At the home screen, Press the window and the ‘r’ key together
- Type in services.msc and click on ‘Ok’
- A new window will appear
- Scroll down to the ‘ Print spooler service option.
- Right-click on it.
- Restart the service
- If everything checks out, your printer will be up and running
Check if you have up to date drivers:-
Make sure your Printer drivers are working and are updated in case you need to reinstall the drivers, follow these steps:
- If you are using windows then go to the control panel.
- Look for the devices and printer options.
- Right-click on it and select uninstall/remove
- Go to the internet and download the latest drivers
- Install all the latest drivers
- Restart your pc and now everything should be working just fine
So these were some problems that generally occur when you use a Canon printer on a windows 10 system.
Why is Canon Printer Offline on Mac
If you are a mac user, then you might have come across a canon printer offline mac error. To fix this issue just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the menu screen on your Mac device
- Go the the ‘system preference option’
- Click on the drop-down menu
- Click on the print option
- Press the control key and right-click on the print icon
- Click on reset printing system option
- Click on the +(plus) option
- Click on the Add printer option
- Select the printer that you use
- Now you will be able to use the printer without any issues.
How to Solve Canon Wireless Printer Offline on Windows 8
Let’s take a quick look at the solution if your Canon Wireless Printer Offline on Windows 8.
- The very first step is to restart your pc
- Press Windows key plus the ‘i’ key
- Go the device option
- Look for your printer’s name and check if the status is green
- Right-click on the printer icon and select ’see what’s happening’
- Now, select this printer as the default option
- Make sure that the pause printing option is unchecked.
- Click on Ok and exit the screen
- If you have done everything properly, then your printer will work just fine
Please note that these solutions can also be used for the following Canon Printers:
|Canon MG4200 Printer Offline||Canon MX870 Printer Offline||Canon MX492 Printer Offline||Canon MG5420 Printer Offline|
|Canon MG6300 Printer Offline||Canon MB2700 Printer Offline||Canon MX922 Printer Offline||Canon MG5600 Printer Offline|
|Canon MX350 Printer Offline||Canon MF210 Printer Offline||Canon MG4250 Printer Offline||Canon MX320 Printer Offline|
|Canon MX490 Printer Offline||Canon MG3500 Printer Offline||Canon MG2500 Printer Offline||Canon MP280 Printer Offline|
Your printer might also go offline due to the following reasons. Just use these solutions and you will be good to go.
- If you are getting the printer is in use error then there is a solution for it. If the printer or computer is warming up then just wait a little bit. Your print job will start when the printer is ready. If the print job is still not starting, then you will have to look up the support code on the LCD screen and take the appropriate action.
- The “paper error” is also quite common. You just have to check if the paper output tray is properly closed, if not, close it tightly and you will able to start printing.
- The “waste tank full” is an error that occurs quite often. This error means that the ink absorber on your printer is full. You have to replace it or get it checked by a technician in order to continue printing.
How to Change Canon Printer Status From Offline to Online?
The solution is quite straightforward:-
- The very first thing that you need to check is if your printer is connected to the network. You can open the built-in menu in order to confirm that your printer is connected to the internet.
- Another reason might be that you are using your printer in the offline mode. To solve this, Just follow these simple steps.
- Open the start menu
- Go to the settings options
- Go to Printers and Scanners
- Select your printer and click on the queue option.
- Uncheck the Use printer in Offline mode option
- Now the print status should be Online and you will be able to use it.
We have provided you all the solutions in case the canon printer offline errors occur as well as other errors. If you need help with any specific problem then you can contact us and we will sort it out for you.