HP printers are highly recommended for their printing quality. They provide enticing offers and services to all of its customers regarding free shipments and returns. You also might be using an HP printer in your home and office. But what will if you do in your printer stops serving or your HP Printer Not Printing Black color anymore.
If you are using the HP printer’s model, you will also get solutions for the following topics:
- HP OfficeJet 4620 Printer Not Printing Black.
- HP 6520 Printer Not Printing Black.
- HP 6978 Printer Not Printing Black.
- HP Printer 7520 Not Printing Black.
How to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Black
You can use some of our solutions, to resolve this problem.
Remove Cartridge Blockage
Here are some solution, to get rid of this HP Printer Black Ink Not Printing problem. Kindly use the following solutions in a step-wise manner.
HP Printer Not Printing Black problem may occur due to there is a blockage in the Printer head vent. Due to this, your printer head is unable to print with black color or any other color. To fix this, follow the given instructions:
- Switch On your HP Printer
- Open up your HP Printer’s cartridge panel.
- Let reset your print head by itself.
- Take out the color units and Print head
(installed below color units).
- You have to clean the print head.
(ink from color units may have to obstruct its vent)
- You have to clean it properly with water and then dry it with a smooth cloth.
- After cleaning and drying, you have to place it back in your HP printer.
- Place all the accessories back to their places.
- Now, check your printing quality with a test print. Print with black color as well as CYMK colors.
Use Printer’s Tool Option
Examine the Cartridge Ink
- Keep your printer in Switch On mode.
- Open the hood of your printer cartridge panel.
- Take out ink cartridges and also remove the empty cartridges case with new quality cartridges.
- Use the Printer Screen.
- Locate (⎼) sign on the screen (Left corner)
- Use the side directional arrow on the screen and look for Tool option.
- Hit Ok on the Tool option.
- Now, you’ll see an option to examine the cartridge Ink levels. Select it and Hit Ok.
Use the Self-Regulating Cleaning Tool
- You have to use Printer Screen again.
- Select (⎼) sign and use the directional arrow to get back to Tool option.
- Select the Tool option and Hit Ok again.
- Use the right arrow & Locate the Print head cleaning option.
- The print head will take a while, to clean itself.
- You’ll get a test print automatically after the cleaning process completes.
If you have followed both steps properly. Surely your HP Printer Not Printing Black problem will get resolved. But if you find still got a detective test print. Examine it with the following step:
- Examine the test print quality, by again switching back to the tool option.
- Use the directional arrow and select the print quality report.
- You’ll get the complete quality report.
Through this above-mentioned examination, if you have got a defective in your ink cartridge. Go for the next step.
Remove the Defective Ink Cartridges & Alignment Process
Defective in cartridges also create printing problems, due to which your HP printer gives you a blank page or unable to print black color. To halt this HP Printer Not Printing Black issue, use some simple tips:
- Power On your HP Printer.
- Open up the printer panel & let the cartridge transit to the center.
- Press gently on ink units to take them out of the print head slots.
- You have to examine the expiration date. If they are expired, replace them with new ones.
- now, Close down the printer panel.
- Check on Printer Screen, it will show some information about printer alignment demo, paper loading and calibrating color units.
- Hit Ok for all the information demo.
- The printer will start itself to initiate for allignment.
- Now take out a test print and place it on the scanner.
- Information will pop on the printer screen. Hit Ok on it.
- Now, your printer will be aligned completely.
Here are 5 recommended suggestions to keep in mind so, you never have to encounter HP Printer Not Printing Black problem.
Always Remember notes:
- Installed suggested HP cartridges.
- While manual cleaning of HP printer’s print head. Keep the Printer in Switch Off Mode.
- Always remove the shielding strip from a new cartridge, before installation.
- Never physically harm the ink cartridge nozzles.
- Check the ink cartridge slots properly, before placing them into the slot.
If you still having difficulty and facing an issue about why is my hp printer not printing black ink. You can talk to our technical team via Call. You can also visit our website for more solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to HP Printer Not Printing Black
Some of the most common reasons for HP printer not printing in black are the following:
1. Outdated printer drivers
2. Damaged cartridges
3. Cartridges with no black ink
4. The clogged printhead in the printer
There can be various reasons why your HP printer is only printing blank pages, some of them are mentioned below:
1. The wrong size of papers is loaded in the paper tray and printer is not in-taking those papers. Hence, it is sending the paperback as it was.
2. Displacement of cartridges from its original place
3. Clogged Printhead
4. Empty ink tanks
If your HP Photosmart 6520 is not printing black color, follow the subsequent steps and fix the issue:
1. Make sure that the paper tray is loaded with blank pages
2. On the printer, go to the ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Tools’
3. Select the option of ‘Print Quality Report’
4. Review the following table for a sample of the report that reflects the most common issues regarding print quality.
5. If you see the same defects in the color bars of your printer, you must clean the printhead.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clean the printhead.
1. Go back to ‘Settings’ on the printer
2. Select the ‘Clean Printhead’ option
3. If the printer quality shows as unacceptable, touch the option of ‘Clean Again’
4. Click on ‘Tools again and select ‘Align Printer’ to fix the defection in the alignments patters
5. Now, give print command to check if your HP Photosmart 6520 is printing the black color.
HP printer not printing in black issues can be resolved by replacing the damaged cartridge. Below are the steps:
1. Put a few blank papers in the paper tray
2. Turn ‘On’ the printer by pressing the power button
3. When your HP printer is silent, open the cartridge door
4. Press the cartridge lightly down to loosen it, then pull it out of the slot to remove it.
5. Unwrapped the packaging of the new cartridge carefully and remove the plastic tape
6. Hold the cartridge towards the printer by its sides with the ends and insert the cartridge into its color encoded slot.
7. In the left of the cartridge – Insert the tri-color cartridge
8. In the right of the cartridge – Insert the black cartridge
9. Push the cartridge carefully to the forward until it is installed
10. Repeat the same steps for another cartridge, if in need.
11. Close the door of cartridge once all the cartridges.
If there is no problem with your ink cartridge and printhead then, the issue must be with the printer driver. If you are using an outdated printer driver, your printer might not print black color. To fix this issue, update the printer driver:
1. Visit the official website of HP printer
2. Enter the name of your printer model
3. Click on the direct link to update the printer driver
4. Once the updated version is installed, run it
5. Restart your system and HP printer and the issue will be fixed.
There is an easy method to workaround to print with colored cartridge only. Follow the enlisted steps to print any document in color instead of black.
1. Open the ‘Menu’ on your system and click on ‘Control Panel’
2. Double-tap to open ‘Printer and Faxes’
3. Select ‘Printing Preferences’ by right-clicking the ‘Default Printer’
4. Drop down the ‘Color’ tab and select ‘Printing Preferences’
5. You will be provided with the following option, choose as per your choice:
Black cartridge only
Colour cartridge only
6. Select the option of ‘Change Color Option’ and change it from ‘Grayscale’ to ‘Print in Colour only’
7. Click on ‘Save’ and preserve the changes.