Before moving to the solutions, you have to check out the following:
-Whether you had introduced any changes or not on the printer before the issue occurred?
-Have you noticed any sort of obstructions in the printer?
-Is the carriage moving freely?
If all the above-mentioned things are sorted then you should go to the below-mentioned tips:
Make sure that the printer is connected to a wall outlet instead of the surge protector.
Follow the steps for HP Officejet & Envy Printer Validation Failed
- Disconnect the power cord from the side of the rear printer, keep the printer turned on. Unplug it from the wall outlet as well.
- Detach the USB (if there is any)
- Wait for a few minutes, then press the power button on your printer and hold it for almost thirty seconds. This will remove all the additional charge.
- Plug the power cable straight to a wall outlet straight.
- Do it without an extension cord or surge protector.
- After this plug back power cord to the printer.
- Turn on your printer. Wait till the printer is idle and it’s warm-up period gets finished.
- At this stage, insert ink cartridges and print out a test page.
- Check out if it is working right or not.
- Try to make a “photocopy” to ensure the issue lies with printer or not.
- For this, place a document on the scanner glass and select the option of “copy.”
- In case the printer is producing flawless copy, then it’s hardware is fine.
- If the printer is connected in a wireless mode, connect it with a USB.
- Follow the link and check the latest firmware updates (if there are any available for the printer). You may require a Windows PC for the process.
- If you have already following the suggested steps and still having the same issues, perform an advanced reset on your printer.