‘My Epson printer is not printing’ is a very common problem that users often face. There are various reasons for your Epson printer not printing black or in any color. It is imperative to know the right reasons as myths can lead you to deal with more challenges. If you want to fix the Epson printer issue on your own and looking for effective solutions, this guide will come in handy.
Before you directly start applying the steps of how to deal with your Epson printer when it is not working, go through the following sections and learn the reasons why your Epson printer not printing properly.
Epson Printer Not printing: Main Causes
You will be able to resolve the Epson printer not printing black or any color issue only after knowing the possible reasons for this issue. There are various answers to your ‘Why is my Epson printer not printing’ question. Some of the most possible answers are listed below:
- You have put the wrong size of papers inside the paper tray.
- The connection between the Epson printing machine and your system has been broken.
- The ink or the toner in the ink cartridges is low or empty.
- You have not replaced your outdated ink cartridges for a long time and that is why Epson XP 440 not printing.
- You have mistakenly requested the blank document to print.
- Your Epson printer not recognizing ink cartridge.
- Clogged printhead nozzles are causing a blockage in the ink cartridge.
- You have located the Ink or toner cartridges in the wrong space of your printer.
After going through the aforementioned reasons, you must have got the answer to ‘why is my Epson Printer Not Printing Black’. Now, that you know the reason, follow the solutions accordingly and get rid of this issue in a jiffy.
Epson Printer Not Printing: Troubleshooting Tips
Before jumping on the in-detailed methods of how to fix the Epson printer when it is not printing at all, you must go through the enlisted tips. Read and check with the following to see if they can help you to get rid of Epson printer not printing black issues.
Is your Epson XP 440 not printing? Whether you have an Epson printer of model WF 2750, ET 2750, or XP 410, the below-mentioned tips will always come in handy.
- If you have recently replaced a new ink cartridge, make sure that you have also removed the yellow tape from the top of the ink cartridge(s) and then installed them in the printing machine.
- Check the ‘Ink cartridges’, if they are outdated, low, and have not been replaced for a long time then, you might need to replace them with new ones.
- Check the dimensions of the paper you have inserted in the tray, and make sure the papers are of the same dimensions that are set in the ‘Printing specifications’ in your printer.
- Verify that the papers in the paper tray that you are using for printing are positioned on a flat, durable surface that stretches in all directions beyond the base. In case, the papers are bent, the printing machine will not work properly.
So these were the several factual solutions that can help you. After implementing these, request a document to print and check if still, the Epson printer not printing. In case, yes! Then follow the in-detailed methods mentioned below.
Your printer can encounter this error when there is any disturbance in the paper and ink cartridges of the printer. Some of the most common Epson models that catch Epson Printer Not Printing Black are given below.
|Epson XP 440 Not Printing||Epson XP 430 Not Printing|
|Epson WF 2750 Not Printing||Epson WF 3640 Not Printing Black|
|Epson XP 440 Not Printing Black||Epson Workforce WF 3640 Not Printing|
|Epson ET 2750 Not Printing Color||Epson XP 420 Not Printing|
|Epson WF 3640 Not Printing||Epson XP 446 Not Printing|
|Epson XP 410 Not Printing||Epson Printer Not Printing Black|
Epson Printer Not Printing: Key Fix On Windows & Mac
After following the troubleshooting tips and the reasons why your Epson printer is not printing, if you have discovered that it is due to the blank pages in between the documents, here is what you must do.
Follow the enlisted steps and remove the blank pages automatically in the printing settings. The steps for Windows and Mac systems are different, follow as per your concern.
Epson Printer Not Printing Properly on Windows
- Start your system and open the ‘Printing Preferences’ page by following the subsequent clicks as per the version of your Windows system.
Windows 8: Click on the ‘Start’ and navigate towards the ‘All Programs’, click on the ‘Control Panel’ and open it. Choose the ‘Hardware and Sound’ and further click on the ‘Devices and Printers’. Right-click on the ‘Name’ of your printer and click on the ‘Printing Preferences’ to open it.
Windows 10: Click on the ‘Windows’ icon in the extreme lower-left corner of the screen. Select the ‘Settings’ option and open it. Navigate towards the ‘Devices’ and drop-down its options to further click on the ‘Printers & scanners’. Choose the printing machine by its name and select the option of ‘Manage’ then, click on the ‘Printing preferences’.
Windows Vista: Click on the ‘Windows’ icon and in the search option, type down ‘Control Panel’, select the folder to open from the search list, and go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’, click on the ‘Printers’. Find the Epson printer that is not printing and right-click on its name. At last, select ‘Printing Preferences’.
Windows 7: Open the ‘Devices and Printers’ by going to the ‘Windows Apps’ and select the ‘Epson printer’, right-click on it to expand its options and select the ‘Printing Preferences’.
Windows XP: Click on the ‘Start’ and open the ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Settings’. Under the ‘Hardware’ section, open the ‘Printers and Faxes’. Navigate towards your ‘Epson printer’ and right-click on it. There will be an option of ‘Printing Preferences’, open it.
- Click on the ‘Maintenance’ tab and expand its options.
- Hit on the ‘Extended Settings’ tab and select the option of ‘Skip Blank Page’.
- At last, to save the changes you made, click on the ‘OK’.
Epson Printer Not Printing Properly on Mac
- Start your Macbook Air and go to the ‘Apple Menu’.
- Scroll down the options and select the ‘Print and Scan’ to open it
On some versions of Mac, its ‘Print and Fax’, ‘Printers and Scanners’, and more. Follow the click as per your concern.
- Navigate towards your printing product, and select ‘Epson Printer’.
- Hit on the ‘Options & Supplies’ tab.
- Open the ‘Driver or Options’ dialogue box and navigate towards the middle of the window.
- Turn on the ‘Skip Blank Page’ option and close the window by clicking on the ‘OK’ button.
After following the correct clicks and turning on the ‘Skip Blank Page’ option, your Epson printer will not print blank pages.
We are hopeful that the aforementioned guide helped you in learning about the reasons and solutions for epson printer not recognizing ink cartridge. In case, you are left with any doubts, contact our tech experts and get instant solutions regarding why your Epson printer not printing anything.