Have you just gotten a new Brother printer? And you’d like to hook it up to your desktop or computer? Then, if you have the necessary skills, you can easily connect it. And if you are not an expert and wondering how to connect Brother printer to computer, then don’t worry! This guide will help you throughout the process of connecting both the devices.
- How to connect Brother printer to computer via WiFi?
- How do you connect a Brother printer to your computer (Mac)?
- Can I connect my Brother printer to my computer with a printer driver?
- How to connect Brother printer to computer with cable?
How to Connect Brother Printer to Computer via WiFi?
Follow the quick steps mentioned below and connect your Brother printer with your computer using WiFi connection:
- To pick the following, click the Up or Down arrow key and choose ‘Network’.
- Then, select ‘OK’. Make sure that the WiFi Direct should be selected.
- Select OK and choose the group’s owner. Again click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Click on the ‘Manual’ option and select OK tab.
- When Does WiFi Direct Activate? When the message appears on the phone, acknowledge it by pressing the Down arrow key.
- For a few minutes, the computer will show the SSID name and password.
- To enter the configuration menu, tap the Settings icon or swipe down and tap the Cog icon.
- Tap on the WiFi option and open the Contacts menu list.
- Switch on your Wi-Fi if it’s switched off.
- Find and tap the Network Name (SSID) you wrote down earlier.
- Tap the ‘Connect’ button after entering the Network Key (Password) you wrote down earlier.
- If Connected occurs under the Network Name (SSID) you chose, the wireless link configuration is complete.
- Go to Google Chrome and download Brother iPrint & Scan for your computer then, complete process.
How Do you Connect Brother Printer to Mac?
All the Mac users can follow the enlisted steps to connect their Brother printers of any type to their Mac devices. Make sure you keep your printer nearer to your Mac computer.
- Head to a web browser and visit the Brother Printer Software Package page.
- Once the Brother printer driver is downloaded on your Mac device, go to the ‘Downloads’ folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Open the Utilities window and look for the ‘Wireless Device Setup Wizard’ to open it as well.
- Navigate towards the Wireless Device Setup Wizard.app and click on it.
- Then, follow the rest of the instructions to complete the setup between the Brother printer and your wireless router.
- At first, turn on the Wireless router and enable the connection. Make sure that the Mac device can also access a wireless connection.
- Choose the SSID you developed in the previous steps. A link will be formed between your device and your wireless router/access point.
- Proceed to the next step if your device is already wired to a WiFi network.
- Turn Off the Editor Lite LED and then start the P-touch Editor and choose a printer from the drop-down menu.
- From your Mac device, you can now edit and print labels wirelessly and then print your spreadsheets and images into papers.
How Can I Connect My Brother Printer to My Computer with Printer Driver?
Before you begin, double-check your wireless router/ access point’s SSID (Network Name) and password (Network Key).
- In the Windows 10 Search Box, form Printers and Scanners.
- Select Printers and Scanners from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add a Printer from the drop-down menu.
Note: Allow the scan to complete before selecting the printer and following the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- If your Brother printer does not exist, pick “The printer that I want isn’t identified.”
- Use a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer (laptop).
- Click Next after choosing the last choice, “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.”
- Press Next after choosing Utilizing an existing port.
- Choose the Manufacturer (Brother) from the left menu and the model number of your printer from the right menu, then click Next.
- If desired, change the Printer Name and click Next once more.
- To ensure that the Brother Printer is attached to the machine, print a test file.
- Click the Finish button.
After this process, your Brother printer will be connected easily.
How to Connect Brother Printer to Computer with Cable?
- Before inserting the USB cable, make sure the printer is switched off.
- Connect the USB cable’s printer end to the printer’s USB port on the hand.
- Attach the USB cable’s other end to the computer’s USB port.
- Click the Power button to switch on the printer.
- Print after you’ve loaded the paper.
After following the entire guide, we hope you have learned all the ways to connect your Brother printer to your various systems like Windows and Mac. If you still are wondering how to connect Brother printer to computer in some other ways or How to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi, reach our experts through the comment section or Live Chat.