HP is one of the leading providers of computers, laptops, printers, and several other types of electronic devices. The range of printers is highly preferred by the companies these days and one of the most popular versions is OfficeJet. If you want your printer to work properly, then you should ensure that the printhead latch of your device is closed securely or the cartridge is installed firmly. If the HP printhead error still occurs, then you must update the drivers or simply reset the device. In general, most printer and related problems are associated with the software. So, you check out this aspect while you are trying to rectify the HP 8610 printhead error, HP 8600 printhead error, HP 8620 printhead error, HP 7612 printhead error, or HP Officejet 6230 printhead error.
How to Fix the HP Printhead Error or Failed or Missing Printhead Error?
Check out the following to know how to fix this issue:
- First and foremost, try to reset your HP printer. For this, you will have to switch your printer on if it is not
- After this, remove the power cable/cord from the printer
- Thereafter, unplug the cord
- Wait for a few minutes and then plug it again in the wall
- Plug the power cord/cable into the printer
- Lastly, switch your HP printer on
Reset the Printhead of Your HP Printer
Check out the following to do so and rectify the HP OfficeJet pro 8610 missing or failed printhead error, HP OfficeJet pro 8630 printhead error, or HP 6830 printhead error:
- Some users may require reseating the printhead of the printer. For this, you will have to open the access door of the cartridge by pulling the slot
- After this, pull the power cord from the back of the device and unplug it to make sure that the carriage will not move
- Lift up the latch on the right side of the carriage
- Now, pull the printhead a bit out of the carriage but do not remove it completely
- Place the printhead of the printer back into the carriage to ensure it is seated properly
- Do not forget to tap the carriage latch down while closing the access door of the cartridge
- Now, insert the power cable back and turn on the device
Most of the time, the HP 6830 problem with printhead error is resolved with the steps mentioned above but it still persists, you can directly get in touch with the technical support team of HP for the right assistance and professional help.
Clean the “Ink Cartridge” Properly
Sometimes, clearing the ink cartridge may also sort the printhead error on HP OfficeJet pro 6830 or HP DesignJet 5500 printhead error codes. To do so, you will have to remove the HP ink cartridge from the printer’s printhead. After this, wipe it gently with the help of distilled water and a lint-free cloth. Lastly, dry out the cartridge with a clean cloth before using them back.
Update HP Printer’s Firmware
It is yet another great way to rectify the HP printhead error. You can do the following to update the firmware of your HP printer:
- Open the “SOFTWARE AND DRIVER DOWNLOADS PAGE” to check whether you have the updated HP firmware or not
- Now, click on the PRINTERS along with the model number before clicking on the SUBMIT button
- Expand the category of Firmware on the software page of the printer
- Choose and click on the “DOWNLOAD” to save the suitable firmware
- Lastly, open the folder that includes the firmware that has been downloaded to install the updated version
With these simple steps, the HP 8610 printhead error can be rectified for some users. In case you are not able to do it on your own, you can directly connect with the technical experts of HP.
Replace All the Non-HP Cartridges
If the solutions listed above do not work for you, then you may require replacing the entire cartridges. This generally happens if you are not using the HP cartridges. While replacing, make sure that you are placing the genuine one.
HP Printer Models Prone to HP Printhead Missing Error
In case the HP printhead is missing or appears to be failed on the given models, you can resolve the problem using our fixes:
|HP 8610 Printhead Error||HP 8600 Printhead Error||HP 8620 Printhead Error||HP 7612 Printhead Error|
|HP Officejet 6230 Printhead Error||HP Officejet Pro 8630 Printhead Error||HP 6830 Printhead Error||HP 7110 Printhead Error|
|HP h711g Printhead Error||HP Officejet 8610 Printhead Error||HP Officejet 8620 Printhead Error||HP Officejet 8630 Printhead Error|
So, these are a few sure-fire ways to fix the HP H711G printhead error, HP printer error message problem with printhead, and several other similar issues. If you still get the error even after trying all the aforementioned solutions, then you must get in touch with the technical support team of HP to get immediate professional help. Here, you can also find here a detailed guide to fix HP Printer In Error State.