Although Canon printers come with the best and most advanced printing features, users often experience a lot of Canon technical issues such as ‘Canon printer not responding to your print requests’. To fix such a printer problem, one must know the potential reasons behind the issue first and then go through the troubleshooting fixes. To make your task easier, here we present a quick guide to you.
Stick to this page and learn everything you must know to get rid of Canon printer related errors.
Canon Printer Not Responding: Main Causes
- Wrong configuration of Canon printer into the device.
- Internet connection issues.
- Installation of unwanted applications on Windows.
- Several problems in the Canon printer driver.
- Wrong USB ports.
- Connection issues between device and printer.
The aforementioned reasons have the potential to cause Canon printer not responding issues. Some of the most common Canon printer models that catch printer not responding are given below:
|Canon MX922 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MG5500 series Printer Not Responding
|Canon MX490 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MG470 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MX920 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MX532 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MG3600 Printer Not Responding
|Canon Pixma MG2920 Printer Not Responding
|Canon Maxify Printer Not Responding
|Canon MG2900 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MG3020 Printer Not Responding
|Canon MP237 Printer Not Responding
Now to fix such printer issues, you must go through the troubleshooting tips and advanced fixes one by one.
Canon Printer Not Responding: Troubleshooting Tips
At times, small issues can also lead you to bigger printer problems such as Canon printer not responding. Try these troubleshooting tips as per your printer type and see if it fixes the issue you are facing.
For the Canon printers that are connected via WiFi/ LAN network:
- Verify whether the network connection is broken. If it is, then change your network devices such as the modem and router into a new one.
- Plug out and Plug in the LAN or replace the network cable if it is broken or not connected well.
- If the Canon printer status is showing ‘Offline’, reconnect the printer to your network properly.
- If the problem is with the wireless network, switch to another wireless connection and get back your Canon printer at work.
For the Canon printers that are connected via a USB cable:
- If your Canon printer can also be connected via Wireless network, take out the USB cable and perform the Canon printer setup by using a WiFi connection.
- If the cable is not connected to the ports properly, the Canon printer will not respond to your print command. Thus, plug out and in the printer port and the computer port as well.
- If your USB cable is broken or is bent, change the cable into a new one and use it carefully.
- There must be multiple ports in your computer’s CPU, insert the printer’s cable into another USB port and see if the Canon printer starts working.
After reading and applying the troubleshooting tips mentioned above, the Canon MP470 printer not responding issues will be fixed.
Canon Printer Not Responding: Advanced Fixes
After following the troubleshooting tips, if still your Canon MX922 printer not responding then, you need to go through the advanced fixes. In case the Canon printer problems cannot be fixed with the current fix, try the next one.
Configure the Correct Printer Port for Your Printer
If your Canon printer MG3020 not responding because of the incorrect ports in the printer, follow the enlisted steps and change the printer port settings.
- Open the Run box by pressing the ‘Windows logo’ key and ‘R’ key together on the keyboard.
- In the dialogue box, type ‘control’ and hit on the ‘Enter’ button to open the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Before searching for the ‘Device and Printers’, right-click on anywhere on the window and click on the ‘View by’ and select ‘Large icons’.
- Find the‘ Devices and Printers’ tab and double-click on it to open.
- Find and select your ‘Canon printer’ printer by its name. Right-click on it to expand its options.
- Click on the ‘Printer properties’ option to make the changes in printer port settings.
- Hit the option of ‘Change Properties’ and click on the ‘Port’ tab.
- Verify whether the Canon printer port is correct and set as per the below-mentioned points:
- The name of the printer port has to be after your Canon printer model name.
- In the ‘Description’ box of the ‘Port’, ‘WSD’, ‘Network’, or ‘IP Address’ must be mentioned. (You can only find these details if you have connected your printer via a wireless network.)
- If you have connected your printer via a USB cable, the printer Post must include the correct ‘USB’ or ‘DOT4’ in the ‘Description’ box.
- Once you make the changes as per the above-mentioned points, click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Go back to the ‘General’ tab and run a ‘Print Test’ to check if the Canon MX922 printer not responding has been resolved.
Update your Printer Driver
An outdated printer driver can also lead you to the ‘Canon MX490 printer not responding’ issue. Let’s learn how to get rid of this before you encounter more printer errors because of this. Follow the steps mentioned below and update your wrong or outdated device.
Note: This method of updating your Canon printer driver will use the ‘Driver Easy’ tool. This tool helps you to find out the correct printer driver for your system.
- Open a web browser on your device and enter the following text ‘https://www.drivereasy.com/kb/DriverEasy_Setup.exe‘ in the URL box.
- Look for the ‘Download’ option and hit on it to install the Driver Easy tool.
- Open the downloaded file and Run the Driver Easy tool.
- Open and start the Driver Easy tool and hit on the ‘Scan Now’ button on your screen.
- After clicking on the ‘Scan Now’ button the Driver Easy will scan your device and detect the problems in your printer driver.
- Once the problems are detected, troubleshoot them by following the on-screen instructions.
- Then, to replace the version of your Canon printer driver with a new and updated one, click on the ‘Update’ button.
- Once the latest Canon printer driver is downloaded, install it and run it.
After troubleshooting the problems in the Canon printer driver and installing the latest version of it, run a print test, and see if the Canon MX920 printer not responding has fixed.
Using the Print Spooler Service
By resetting the Printer Spooler service on your device, you can get rid of the issues related to your print jobs and the communication between the printer and computer. Follow the steps mentioned below and get rid of any Canon MX920 printer not responding.
- To open the Printer Spooler service tool, press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together.
- Enter ‘services.msc’ in the dialogue box and click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- On the Print Spooler Services window, navigate towards the ‘Restart’ button and click on it.
- Now, open any document and run a print test.
If the printer is printing the documents properly, you will know the error has been fixed. If not, then there must be some other problem in your printer that is causing Canon printer not printing issues.
Using Printer Troubleshooter
You can fix any Canon printer issues especially when your Canon printer MG3600 printer not responding by using Windows built-in printer troubleshooter. Follow the steps and fix the issues in a jiffy.
- Write ‘Troubleshoot’ in the search bar of the Windows system and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Click on the inbuilt ‘Troubleshooter’ tool and open it.
- Navigate towards the ‘Printer’ option and select your Canon printer by its name.
- Click on the ‘Run’ button to give access to the troubleshooter to scan the printer.
- Now, follow the instructions prompting on the screen and complete the troubleshooting process.
Once the steps are applied properly, the problems that are causing your Canon printer not responding issues will be fixed in no time.
After going through the main causes, troubleshooting tips, and advanced fixes mentioned in the article, the Canon Printer Not Responding error must have been solved. Make sure you run a print test after completing each troubleshooting process to confirm that the error has been fixed. If you are seeking any professional help, contact our tech experts and let them resolve your queries.