Sometimes there is a communication error that may come up on your Epson printer. The Epson printer communication error can be caused by reasons varying from faulty cables to the usage of the older interface of USB cables. If you are a newbie and don’t know how to connect the printer to your desktop then there might be a chance that you may not have paired the Epson printer with your desktop. Thus, the error will be showing “Incorrect Device Selected”.
If you would like to know more about how to solve it, then we are here to help you and to solve the communication error on your Epson printer. While going through this article you will be able to find out the causes of Epson communication error, types of this error, and the ways to eliminate it without professional help.
Why does My Epson Printer Say Communication Error?
The communication error with Epson printers is sometimes caused by very minute things. Here’s a list of the probable causes of this communication error:
- This may occur due to the faulty cables at either end.
- There may be a problem with the power socket or power source.
- Networking issues can be there in the case of wireless Epson printers.
- Hardware printer problems may be resulting in this error.
- The presence of outdated print drivers is the final cause of the problem.
Types of Communication Errors with Epson Printers
As we dive into finding why Epson communication errors are caused, we found out that there are mainly two types of Epson communication errors that occur frequently. These have been explained as follows:
- When there is no power light on your Epson printer, that will be the first type of this error.
- There is a power light on your Epson printer but the printer is not printing anything.
How to Fix a Communication Error on Epson Printer?
There are various steps through which you can resolve the communication error without the support of our professional team. You can check for the power supply, ensure that the connection has been correctly done, and also reinstall the drivers for your printer.
Below, you can find more information about these fixes.
Check for Power Supply
The Epson printer offline communication error can cause the power light to not turn on. This problem is very frequent and is caused by carelessly connecting the power cables to the switch or the source of the power.
By ensuring that the source of the power supply is present, you can get away from this problem. You can fix this using these simple steps:
- Shut down the printer
- Check the power cable and make sure there are no loose ends or faults in it.
- Make sure there is an uninterrupted power supply
- After going through the above steps, turn on your printer.
This section tells us that this problem can be caused when the power cables to your printer are not connected properly or the switch of the power supply is a fault or there is an interrupted power supply to the printer. When you perform the fix given above, this problem should not occur.
Check Connection, Cables, and System Memory
The answer to this question can be that the Epson communication error forces the printer to print anything that is commanded by the user. The reason behind this problem can be multiple factors. Below are some tips related to this issue. These will help you in learning how to fix communication error on Epson printers.
- Desktop or Laptop Inappropriately Connected to the Printer
There might be a possibility that there is no issue with your printer but your desktop is not connected properly with the printer. Setup your desktop with your Epson printer again by following the setup instructions manual and ensure to follow all the steps correctly.
- Usage of Older Interface USB Cable
There’s a chance that you must be connecting your Epson printer with the older and outdated versions of interface USB cables. This might be a chance of the Epson communication error. For resolving this issue, use a compatible USB 1.1 interface cable or a USB 2.0 interface cable to connect your printer & desktop.
- Low System Memory to Manage the Document
The Epson communication error can also be caused when you are trying to print the data in very high resolution. Try to minimize the size and resolution of the document that is to be printed. A permanent remedy to this would be to increase the memory of your desktop or laptop.
Through this section, we found out the causes and fix for the problem when the power light is on but the Epson printer is not printing anything despite the commands given by the desktop.
ReInstall the Epson Printer Drivers
The major cause of the Epson printer communication error is that the printer is not installed correctly. All you need to do to correctly connect the Epson printer is to first uninstall the printer drivers and then reinstall the Epson printer drivers once again to eliminate the Epson communication error that was caused by the improper installation of the printer drivers.
You can easily uninstall and then reinstall the Epson printer drivers by following these steps:
- Click on “Start”.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Now, go to “Devices and Printers”.
- Search for “Epson Printer”.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the old drivers.
- Now, open the official Epson website on your web browser.
- Look out for “Printer Drivers” under the “Download” section.
- Download the drivers onto your desktop.
- Click on the “Driver Downloadable” file and then install the drivers.
- After the installation is done, restart your desktop.
Note: You must ensure that you download the latest and compatible version of the Epson Printer Drivers.
Run the Epson Printer Troubleshooter
To counter the Epson communication error messages like “Epson Printer Communication Error the Incorrect Product May be Selected”, you can run the printer troubleshooter. To run it, you can go to Start and write PC Repair. Then choose the Epson Printer from the results. After this, you can launch the troubleshooter.
You can troubleshoot your Epson printer manually by following the below-listed steps:
- Click on the “Start” menu
- Type “PC Repair” or “Troubleshooter” in the search box.
- Select “Epson Printer” and troubleshoot it.
- After following the above steps, you need to reset your printer. Download the “Reset” button first.
- Extract the file
- Run the “Reset” button to fix the communication error that was on your Epson printer.
Hopefully, the error on your Epson printer will stop emerging now.
Epson printer won’t scan communication error usually occurs when you are using faulty cables or the power supply is not appropriate. After going through this article, you also found the causes of Epson communication errors and ways to resolve them at home by yourself without any technical assistance. However, if there is an error like Why is My Epson Printer Offline, then, in that case, you can connect with technical experts and ask for help from them anytime.