The Brother Laser Printer paper jam error with no paper jammed can occur due to the usage of the wrong type of printing paper. Other causes of this paper jam error in Brother printers include incorrect loading of paper, damaged printer rollers, and not using the ink cartridge of good quality. The ways of fixing the Brother printer paper jam error are by trying to remove the jammed paper from the outside. You can also check for any pieces of the jammed paper that may still be stuck inside the printer. After going through this article, you will come to know about the causes of the Brother printer paper jam error. We have also tried listing all the probable methods to fix this error that you can execute without any help from our technical experts.
What is a Brother Printer Paper Error?
The paper jam error in Brother printers can cause internal damage to the device when you try to print with the jammed paper. The error may have been caused because of using an inferior-quality printing paper, and not loading the paper correctly.
Given below is a detailed explanation of all the causes of this error:
sage of the Wrong Type of Printing Paper: The Brother printer is generally configured for using a certain kind of printing paper. When you insert any other kind of printing paper in the Brother printer, the error may show up.
Using Low-quality Printing Paper: Another cause for this error may be the usage of the inferior quality of printer paper installed in the printer. This will also adversely affect the printing quality of your document.
Improper Installation of Printing Paper: There may be a possibility that you have folded the printing paper in the input tray. That is why paper jam error is persisting in your Brother printer.
Overloading the Input Tray with Paper: The rollers of your printer pick the printing paper from a fixed height for printing the document. There may be a chance that you have inserted the paper above that particular height. Hence, overloading the input tray with the paper can also be one of the reasons for the occurrence of this error.
Not Using Ink Cartridge of Good Quality: You may be using ink cartridges of poor quality that are causing the Brother printer paper jam error. It can also result in the poor printing quality of your documents. If you continue using such a low-quality ink cartridge, then it can lead to damages to your printer.
Printer Rollers may be Damaged: The rollers of your printer are a key component in the process of printing. The damage to the printer rollers maybe because of their long usage. This may result in the wear and tear of the printer and result in the paper jam in Brother Printers.
As you are now familiar with the causes of this error, let us talk about the methods to fix this error.
How Do I Fix Brother Printer Paper Jam Error?
The fixes for the paper jam error in Brother printers are removing the paper that is jammed from outside the printer, removing the paper jammed in the toner cartridge, and ensuring that the paper is correctly installed in the input tray.
If you are looking for more detailed fixes for this error, then you can read about them below.
Removing the Paper Jam from Outside
The method to fix the paper jam error is to restart your printer. You need to turn off your printer and let it be idle for a few minutes. Then turn on your printer and print a test job to check whether the issue has been resolved.
You can go through the below-given steps to follow this fix.
- Turn “Off” the Brother printer.
- Let the device cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Check the Brother printer for any pieces of paper around it.
- Press the “Clear” button on your device.
- Turn “On” the Brother printer.
After following the steps shown here, you can try to print a sample job just to make sure that everything is working fine and the error has been resolved. If the error still shows up, then you can try the next given fix.
Removal of Jammed Paper from Toner Cartridge
The paper sometimes gets stuck in the toner cartridge and drum unit. In this fix, we will tell you how to clear the toner cartridge from any jammed paper.
When your device is off and not heating, access its top cover. Closely look here to find any pieces of the jammer paper. Gently remove them, if found. Once removed, you can place the cover once again.
- Turn the Brother Printer “Off”.
- Make sure you give enough time to the printer for cooling down.
- You should not touch any internal parts till the printer is not cooled down.
- Then remove the top cover of the device.
- Look for pieces of jammed paper.
- The next step is to remove the toner cartridge along with the drum unit of your Brother printer.
- If there is any jammed paper in this, remove it carefully.
- Ensure that you do not damage the toner cartridge or the drum unit.
- Correctly place the parts back and with caution.
- Close the top cover of the Brother printer.
- Click on the “Clear” button to clean the memory of the printer.
If you have correctly followed the above-written steps, then your issue must have been resolved by now. You can check it also by taking out a test print job.
Checking the Brother Printer for Jammed Paper
There may be chances that the printer has some bits of paper stuck in it. You can remove it by clearing the tabs on the left and right sides of the printer. Pull the fuser cover open. Then, remove the duplex tray out from the Brother printer and make sure you remove all the pieces of paper. Place back the duplex tray and other parts as well back into their respective places.
You can find the step-by-step instructions here:
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Let the device rest for 10 minutes.
- Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge.
- Search for jammed paper.
- Pull out the paper tray from the printer.
- Open the back cover of the device gently.
- Take out the tabs which would be present on the right and left sides of the printer.
- Remove the duplex tray of the Brother printer.
- You will find pieces of paper on it. Clean the tray gently and carefully.
- Insert the duplex tray back into its position.
- Place the paper tray in its original position.
- If you have removed any other parts as well, make sure to insert them correctly.
Note: All the parts that you remove from the brother printer must be placed on a neat and dry surface. This is done to avoid causing further damage to these parts.
If the issue still arises you may check if the paper is properly configured in the paper tray by referring to the next fix.
Verify that Paper Is Correctly Installed in the Paper Tray
The Paper Jam Error in the Brother Printer may come up because of the wrong installation of paper into the paper tray. The paper installed in the paper tray must be of the same size and weight.
You can stack the paper correctly by following these instructions:
- Remove the tray from the printer.
- Open the tray cover.
- In case any paper is still remaining in the paper tray, remove them also.
- Adjust the paper to a maximum width according to the “Paper Side Guides” located on either side of the tray.
- The pointer on the “Paper Length Guide” should line up with the indicator mark for the paper size.
- Stack the paper properly in order to avoid jamming of paper.
- Make sure the printing side is on the downside.
- Shut the paper tray cover.
- Insert the paper tray properly in the printer.
- Take out a print job by printing the print quality check sheet.
Note: When the paper is inserted according to the “Paper Length Guide”, the paper will not come in contact with the back end of the paper tray.
If the print job is of good quality and automatically ejects without jamming or multi-feeding, then the problem should be resolved.
As you have gone through the article, you came to know about the causes and methods to fix the Brother Laser Printer paper jam error. The causes for this error may include damaged paper rollers, using low-quality ink cartridges, overloading the paper in the input tray, and Connect Brother Printer to Wifi. You can easily eliminate this error by uniformly stacking the paper, removing bits and pieces of jammed paper that may be present in the input tray. We hope that all the fixes we provided here were able to eliminate this error on your device. Keep reading for more fixes and methods for Brother printers.