‘Canon printer in error state’ is a very common issue faced by users all over the world. If you are seeking help to get rid of it, the following guide will help.
Get answers to all your “my Canon printer is in error state?” questions right here and up your productivity manifold.
Why is My Canon Printer in an Error State?
To fix the Canon printer in error state problem once and for all, you must know the root causes. We have mentioned a few below:
- Incorrect driver installation
- BIOSS problems
- Incompatible software
- Poor USB cable connection
- Connectivity issues
How to Fix Canon Printer in Error State?
Fixing a “Canon printer in error state” issue is like waging a war against an army of Spartans. But no more! The following methods will help you the given model:
|Canon MG2900 Printer in Error State||Canon MX490 Printer in Error State|
|Canon MG3200 Printer in Error State||Canon MX922 Printer in Error State|
|Canon MX470 Printer in Error State||Canon Pixma Printer in Error State|
Fix the Ports
- Right-click on the ‘Windows’ icon or ‘Start’ in some versions and select the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- From the ‘TaskBar’, click on the ‘View’ option and select the option of ‘Show hidden devices’.
- Scroll down the options, find and click on the ‘Port (COM & LPT)’ option.
- By double-clicking on it, you can expand the options.
- Select the ‘Printer Port’ and right-click on it to drop down its options.
- Choose the ‘Properties’ option and from the next window, select the ‘Port Settings’ tab.
- Hit on the ‘Use any interrupt assigned to Port’ from the given options and tick on the ‘Enable Legacy Plug and Play Detection’ box.
- Now, click on the ‘OK’ to apply the changes and close the window.
- Choose the option of ‘Restart’ from the Start Menu and when the computer restarts, use your printer and confirm that there is no such Canon printer error anymore.
Restart the Canon Printer and Computer
- Go to the ‘Start’ button and click on the ‘Power’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Restart’ option and leave the system as it is for a while.
- Go to the Canon Printer and long press the ‘Power’ button.
- When the printer switches off, wait for a minute, and turn on the ‘Power’ button again.
- Give a print command and check if the Canon MX470 printer in error state has been resolved.
Verify the Internet Connection
- Check if your printer and computer are both connected with a strong network.
- Make sure that the network you are using has no issues at all.
- If there is any connectivity issue, fix it up.
- Once the connection problem is fixed, try running a test print job to see if the Canon printer error has gone.
Reinstall your Printer Driver
Let’s first uninstall it using the following steps:
- On your Windows system, go to the ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Devices’ and further open the ‘Printers & scanners’.
- Select the ‘Canon printer’ by its name and right-click on it to drop down the options.
- Choose the ‘Remove’ option and uninstall the printer driver from your system.
- If you have been asked to confirm your choice, click on ‘Yes’.
Now that you have uninstalled the Canon printer driver successfully, download and install a new one correctly to never face this Canon MX922 printer in error state again. Here’s how:
- Visit the official website of the Canon printer setup.
- Enter your Canon printer model and find your printer’s driver.
- Navigate towards the ‘Download’ option and click on it.
- Open the downloaded file of ‘Canon printer driver and software’ and click on the ‘Install’.
- Read and implement the instructions prompted on the screen and click on the ‘Finish’.
After following the aforementioned procedure, the Canon printer will be uninstalled and installed properly. To make the printer ready to use, restart it once, and run a test print job.
Update the Driver to fix Canon Printer in Error State
- Head to the ‘Control Panel’ and open the ‘Hardware and Sound’ folder.
- Select the ‘Device Manager’ and open it to find all the connected hardware devices.
- Find the ‘Printers’ and open it. Select the ‘Canon Pixma Printer Driver’.
- Drop down its options by clicking right and choose ‘Update’
- When you have been asked for confirmation, click on the ‘Update driver’ and update it.
After going through this troubleshooting guide, we hope you will be able to fix the Canon Printer in Error State. If you have any query, you can connect to our representative by calling us on our toll-free number.
I was printing a crucial paper via my new Canon printer and then there was a technological fault with my printer as I received a ‘Canon printer in error state’ message on my PC. When I got this error message, I started looking for its meaning and solutions on Google as I didn’t know how to deal with it. Then, I came across this page and went through the comprehensive solutions. After executing the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article, I could solve the printer error and print endless paper from it.
Hi, I have been using the Canon printer for more than two years now, and until today, I have never faced any problems. today, when I was printing an essential document from the Canon printer, I gave the order to print it, but this message appeared on my printer’s screen as well as on my computer’s screen after some time, ‘canon printer in error state’ I have no idea how to deal with this problem. please enlighten me with an effective solution.
At home, I have a Canon Pixma MP640 printer. It worked well, but I updated a new version of my Canon printer driver a few days ago and gave the machine access to upgrade it. I left the computer and didn’t use it for a day as I didn’t need to, but I got a ‘Canon printer in error state. hence, it is not answering to your command’ on my screen when I asked to print a document today. As I was encountering the Canon printer bug, I have tried to reset my machine but could not get rid of it. but then, this post saved me. The method listed in this article were so effective to execute, thanks to the tech experts, that they complied such some pretty simple steps that I could do on my own.
I have an all-in-one Canon printer which is connected to my PC with an Usb port. I carried out the setup when I purchased the printer by following one of the printer setup guides you described. But, I don’t know what happened to my printer, which used to runs smoothly. All the printing functions have failed and I am receiving ‘Canon printer in error state’ message every time. Please provide me with an efficient approach that will help me cope with this issue connected with the printer