Dell laptop provides several security features such as ‘fingerprint’ lock. You must change your Dell password every few days to prevent data loss. In case you have forgotten your Dell laptop password and are worrying about your data files, we are here to help you out. This article comes in handy for every troubled Dell laptop user who is looking for solutions on how to reset Dell laptop password.
Go through the detailed article and know the four different ways of how to reset password on Dell laptop and retrieve your login password in a jiffy.
How to Reset Password on Dell Laptop?
Here are some of the most effective plans that will come in handy while performing the Dell password reset steps. Before jumping into the solutions, make sure of the following:
Tip: Generally, users have different passwords for different accounts and devices but to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your machine, you must set a strong password.
How to Reset Dell Laptop Password By Reset Password Disk
If you quickly want to perform a Dell password reset, create a Windows password reset disk and with the help of the same, retrieve your lost or forgotten Dell laptop password in a jiffy. Follow the below-mentioned steps and learn how to create a Windows password reset disk and reset Dell password with the help of it.
Create a Windows Password Reset Disk
- Start your system and go to any web browser to visit the ‘Spower Windows Password Reset’ site
- Navigate towards the ‘Download’ option and hit on it to download the program of power Windows password reset
- Tap on the ‘Choose Media Type’ and click on the ‘USB device’ then, hit on the ‘Start over’ button
- Once the process is completed plug-in the USB drive to your Windows operating system and pick the USB drive to which you want the software to reset Windows password
- Navigate towards the ‘Begin Burning’ button and click on it to start burning the program
- Once the Dell laptop password reset program is burned you will finish creating a disk as well
- Under the ‘Burning Successfully’, click on the ‘OK’ button to proceed towards the reset password process
Use Windows Password Reset Disk To Reset Your Password
- Now that you have created a Windows password reset disk, go to the ‘Login Screen’ on your system
- Click on the ‘Login’ and ‘OK’ button
- Select the option of ‘Dell password reset with a password reset disk’ and click on the ‘Use the password reset disk’ to proceed further
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reset the password.
After following the aforementioned steps, your Dell password will be successfully reset. In case you could not retrieve your Dell Windows forgotten password, read the next method of how to reset dell laptop without password .
How to Reset Dell Laptop Password In Safe Mode?
If you could not follow the prior method and reset your Dell password with the reset password link, you must try this method. If you are a Windows XP user and lost your Dell password, this method will definitely come in handy. Follow the enlisted instructions of Dell password reset and recover it easily.
- Start your Windows operating system on Dell laptop and click on ‘F8’ key
- An ‘Administrator account’ will prompt on your screen
- Press ‘Control’, ‘Alt’, and ‘Delete’ to get the old ‘Logon Screen’
- In the dialogue box, type ‘Administrator’ and skip the tab of ‘Password’ and hit the option of ‘Login’
- Now, click on the ‘Cannot log in’ and follow the instructions prompted on your screen to reset your password.
We hope now you know how to reset password on Dell laptop and sign in to your Dell laptop conveniently. In case, this Dell laptop password reset method failed, follow the next.
How to Reset Dell Laptop Password Without Password Tool?
Password Tools do not only help you in securing the password but also helps you in the Dell laptop password reset process. But, if you could not reset your password through a tool or disk, here is the manual way.
Before applying jumping to the steps make sure that you have access to a strong internet connection to perform Dell password reset steps.
- Start your Dell laptop and hit on the ‘Enter’ key
- On the ‘password login screen’, hit the blue link of the ‘I forgot my password’
- In the new page, enter the ‘Characters’ you see in the ‘Captcha Code’ and click on the ‘Next’ button
- Wait until the next page reloads, you will arrive on the ‘Account Recovery’ window. Here, verify your identity.
- Enter the correct ‘Email Address’ that is associated with your Dell login
- After entering the correct ID, click on the ‘Send Code’
- Open the email account that you mentioned in the previous steps and look for the ‘email message’ received from the Dell services
- Copy the ‘Dell Password Reset Code’ and paste the same in the required space.
- If you enter the correct code, you will be asked to enter the following,
- New Password of 8-16 characters
- Re-enter Password
- Once passwords have been entered, click on the ‘Next’ button
Congrats! Your Dell password has been reset and now you can access your Dell laptop. If you want to try another method of how to reset Dell laptop password, read the following method.
Dell Inspiron 15 Bios Password Reset with Kon Boot
Kon-Boot can function on all the versions of Windows for performing Dell Inspiron 15 Bios password reset method. You can execute the below-mentioned steps irrespective of the type of Windows you are using except Windows 10. In case you have Windows 10 installed in your Dell laptop, get another system to burn Kon-boot through any external device. Now, follow the enlisted steps and get rid of the lost password immediately.
- Extract the ‘Kon-Boot 1.1 Zip File’ and remember the Zip password is Kon-boot
- There will be two more files shown to you, extract the ‘CD-Kon boot’ file
- Now, insert a new and black ‘CD’ and use the ‘IMG burner’ program to burn the image file
- Once you have finished during the ‘Kon-Boot’ into a CD, insert the CD in the Dell laptop
- At last, hit the button of the ‘Boot’ and once the process is completed.
The forgotten password will be removed from your laptop and you do not need to perform Dell laptop password reset steps anymore. Log in to your Windows conveniently and secure your laptop with a new password again.
Why Choose us to Reset Dell Laptop Password?
These were the four effective and easy methods of how to reset Dell laptop password. All the aforementioned methods were easy to execute and did not need any expertise to perform. We hope you could finally perform Dell password reset on your own. In case you failed to do so, we are always here to assist you. Leave a comment and let our experts know your query and solve any issues regarding the Dell laptop password reset. The experienced and trained technician will easily reset Dell Laptop Password. You just need to dial our customer support phone number and our engineer will resolve your issues as soon as possible.