If your Brother printer not printing, all your important tasks can just come to a halt all of a sudden leaving you in the lurch. What makes it even more painful is the fact that there are a variety of printing issues faced by your Brother printer–not just one. But heave a sigh of relief as we bring to you this guide encompassing fixes to all sorts of printing issues faced by Brother printers. Let’s check them all out right here:
Printing Issues Faced by Brother Printer Users
- Wireless Brother Printer not Printing Black
- Brother Printer not Connecting to WiFi
- Brother Printer not Connecting to Mac Wireless
- Brother Printer not Connecting to PC
- Brother Printer Connected to WiFi but not Printing
- Brother Printer not Recognizing New Toner Cartridge
- Brother Printer not Printing Double Sided
Key Reasons Why Your Brother Printer is Facing Printing Issues
- The lost connection between the printing machine and the computing system.
- Wrong configuration of Brother printer driver on your computer.
- Brother printer is not recognizing new toner cartridges.
- External antivirus programs or firewalls are not letting the printer receive the print command.
- Brother printer’s status is turned into offline mode.
So no more wondering ‘why is my brother printer not printing’. Let’s get to fix these issues now with these methods:
Wireless Brother Printer Not Printing Black
Is your wireless Brother printer not printing black? Check with the following things:
- Verify whether the Brother printer is properly plugged in and ready for use.
- Check with the Black ink cartridge and make sure the ink is not dry.
If these are not the key reasons for your Brother inkjet not printing black, then reset the ink cartridge and configure the network from the scratch. Below are the two methods of resetting the Brother printer ink cartridge depending on your model.
- Make sure your Brother inkjet printer is turned on.
- Now, open the toner door of your printer carefully.
- Move towards the printer screen and press the ‘Clear’ or ‘Back’ button for a few seconds.
- The ‘Reset Menu’ will automatically open. Now, use the ‘Arrow keys’ and browse the options.
- Choose the ‘Brother printer’s toner cartridge’ and click on the ‘Reset’ option.
- Now, you will have to select the ‘Toner’ you want to reset. Choose the ‘Black ink cartridge’ and hit the ‘OK’ button.
- To confirm your choice, click on the ‘1’ button and then the ‘Clear’ or ‘Back’ button to reset the black ink cartridge.
- Take an exit from the window and run a test print from the existing ink cartridges.
- Switch off the Brother printer from the power board and switch it on again after a few minutes.
- Lift up the printer’s cover or lever and then navigate towards the printer screen.
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ and ‘Print’ buttons together and then you will have to press the ‘+’ button.
- A list of all the installed ink cartridges will appear on the screen. Select the ‘Black ink cartridge’ to reset.
- Hit the ‘OK’ or ‘Enter’ button to confirm your choice.
After following any of the aforementioned methods, your Brother printer’s black ink cartridge will be reset successfully. We hope now you are not wondering ‘Why is my Brother printer not printing black’ anymore and you also know how to deal with this issue.
Brother Printer Not Connecting to WiFi
Is your Brother printer not connecting to WiFi? The below-mentioned steps will help you in making a connection between your Brother printer and your wireless network.
- Switch on the Brother printing machine and make sure it is located near your wireless router.
- Once the Brother printer is ready to function, click on the ‘WLAN’ or ‘AOSSTM’ button and press it for quite a few seconds.
- Now, on the back of the Brother printer, press the ‘Installation’ button for more than two seconds and the search for the wireless network will start automatically.
- You will see that the Toner LED must be blinking for two minutes or more. Select your wireless network from the available options.
- Provide the required password and let them connect. Once the network is connected, the Toner and Drum LED will blink.
- After a few minutes, you will read a ‘Connected’ text on your Brother printer screen.
|Important: Could not connect? If your Brother Printer not Connecting to WiFi then you should shift the objects that are placed between your WiFi router and printer. Try to make an imaginary line between both the devices to make sure the wireless network can be fetched by the printer’s search engine directly.|
After applying the aforementioned steps, your printing machine will connect to your wireless network.
Brother Printer Not Connecting to Mac Wireless
If your Brother printer not connecting to Mac wireless device, the following could be the possible reasons:
- Configurations of wrong settings.
- Fault in the printer driver.
Verify that you have installed the correct and updated Brother printer driver on your Mac device. If there is no fault with the driver, follow the enlisted steps to connect your Brother printer to the Mac device properly.
- Open the Mac device and open the Apple menu options.
- Select the ‘System Preferences’ to launch it.
- On the ‘System Preferences’ screen, hover over the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option and click on it.
- Now, hold the ‘Control’ key on your keyboard for a few seconds, and at the same time, press the ‘Reset Printer’ option on your Brother printer.
- Click on the ‘-’ icon to erase your printer from the ‘Printer and Scanners’ list.
- To add back your Brother printer, click on the ‘+’ icon.
- From the available printers, select the ‘Brother printer’
- Select the ‘Brother printer’ from the ‘Default Printer’ list as well and hit the ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ button to complete the setup.
Your Brother printer will connect to the Mac device after you apply the steps thoroughly. Now, you can run a test print to confirm that your printer is responding to your device.
Brother Printer Not Connecting to PC (Windows)
Is your Brother printer not connecting to PC? Check with the Default printer settings on your Windows system. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, Click on the ‘Windows’ icon on the screen and choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on the ‘Devices’ and expand its options.
- Click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ from the list.
- On the right side of the window, you will see the settings of the installed printers and scanners.
- Scroll the options and pause on the ‘Default Settings’.
- Turn Off the toggle against the ‘Let Windows manage my default printer’ and apply the changes.
Now, your Windows system won’t change the printers on itself. Hence, the Brother printer is now connected to your PC and ready for use as well.
Brother Printer Connected to WiFi but not Printing
Empty the Brother Printer’s Queue and Make it Ready for the Printing
- Minimize the opened windows and navigate towards the ‘Brother Printer’ icon shown in the taskbar.
- Click on it and hover over the printer’s folder to see the working status and the print queue.
- Here is how the status and document will be shown:
Status: Ready, Online, Offline, or Paused.
Documents: 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.
- If there is no document in the Brother printer queue then move towards the ‘Status’ tab.
Otherwise, clear the queue by clicking right on the pending documents. Choose the option of ‘Cancel’ from the expanded options. Similarly, cancel all the pending documents from the queue one by one.
- Now, verify the status of your Brother printer. If it is showing ‘Offline’, click right on it and choose the option of ‘Use Brother Printer Online’. In some versions, you may have to check the box before the ‘Online’ to set the Brother printer online.
Note: If your printer status is showing ‘Paused’ then, click right on the status and check the ‘Resume Printing’ option.
- Refresh your Brother printer to print all the pending documents.
After you set up the printer status to Online and clear the queue, your Brother printer will resume printing.
Set the Brother Printer Driver as Default (Printer) on your PC
At first, you will have to verify whether your computing system has the Brother printer driver or not.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button on your PC and open the ‘Settings’ section.
- Now, click on the ‘Printers and Faxes’ or ‘Printers and Hardware’ as per your system’s version.
- Click on the ‘View’ option and find the ‘Installed Printers’
- Check if you have installed the Brother printer driver previously.
- Click right on the Brother printer driver and set it as ‘Default’.
|Important: Is your Brother printer not printing even after setting it as ‘Default’ printer? Make sure that you have installed the correct printer driver to get rid of any printer issues.|
Brother Printer Not Recognizing New Toner Cartridge
Is your Brother printer not recognizing new toner cartridge? It is possible that the newly installed cartridge is not compatible with your Brother printer or the cartridge is not detected. Here are methods to get rid of Brother printer new toner cartridge issues:
Re-install the New Toner Cartridge
- Remove the new toner cartridge that is not recognized by the brother printer.
- Install the previously used cartridge properly.
- Start the printer and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Switch off the printer and take out the previously used cartridge and replace it with the new one.
- Now, restart the Brother printer and you will see that your printer is printing all the documents smoothly.
Clean the Metal Contacts
- Switch off the printer and take out the plug from the power board.
- Move towards the Cartridge drawer and open the door. Remove the toner carefully that is not recognized.
- Keep it in a safer place and check if the cartridge has some metal contacts. Clean the cartridge carefully.
- Check inside the printer, where the cartridge was placed and make sure there is no dirt particle.
- Clean inside the printer with a dry cloth. Wipe the contacts carefully.
- Put back the cartridges in the printer in the correct way.
- Switch on the Brother printer and run a test print.
Brother Printer not Printing Double Sided
Download Brother Printer Duplex Feature
If you have a brother printer that can print documents on both sides of the paper then you will have to make sure that the Brother printer driver has the duplex printing option in it. Check with the printer driver installed on your system and if it already has the duplex printing option then, enable it.
If there is no feature of ‘Duplex printing’, uninstall the current driver and download the Brother printer duplex featured driver from the official website. Once you have downloaded and enabled the duplex feature successfully, the Brother printer will print on both sides of a paper.
Still your Brother printer not printing double sided? Try the next method.
Change the Page and Paper Settings in the Brother Printer
If your Brother printer not printing double sided then you should change the following Page and Paper settings:
- Click on the ‘Start’ icon on the PC and choose the ‘Control Panel’ to open.
- Open the ‘Printers and Faxes’ from the Control Panel options.
- Choose your Brother printer driver and right-click on it to expand the options.
- Click on the ‘Printing Preferences’ and drop down its options.
- Click on the ‘Finishing’ tab and there will be an option ‘Print on both sides’.
- Make sure you mark a tick before the ‘Print on both sides’ option and hit the ‘Apply’ option to make changes.
We hope the guide was helpful. In case, you have any query related to How to Connect Brother Printer to Wifi. So, call us on 844-308-5267 or drop us a comment.