When it comes to the brother printer in error state is one of the most common issues. If you are using a printer, the chances are quite higher you may come across this issue. As we all know that printers have become the most basic needs of everyone, right from big corporate to local businesses and household to educational institutions. The users of Brother Printers always want their device to work properly. However, you cannot be that sure with an object. If you are thinking about why is my brother printer in an error state, then you should continue reading this post to get the answer.
Reasons for Brother Printer in Error State
Check out the following to learn more about the reasons behind Brother printer in error state Windows 10:
- Malware or virus attack
- BIOS issue
- Lack of stable yet high-speed internet or connectivity issues
- The driver of the printer gets corrupted
- USBs or wires are not placed properly
- Outdated drivers
- Conflict in the drivers installed
- Issues in the parallel ports
- Issues with the Windows System Files
- Specific printer hardware is not working correctly
If your printer is not printing and displaying – PRINTER IN ERROR STATE again and again, then fret not. Below we are going to mention everything that is needed when your Brother printer is in an error state Windows 10 or Brother MFC printer is in an error state.
How to Fix Brother Printer in Error State?
As we have already told you that it is one of the most common issues, you are not required worrying about anything as it can be resolved very easily and quickly. So, before we jump out on the brilliant steps to follow to rectify the issue when your printer in error state Brother wireless or printer is in error state Brother, we would like to shed some lights on the things you should check before anything:
- First and foremost, restore your device whenever your printer is in the error state. If you do not know how to do it, you are suggested to check the manuals or online videos for the same.
- Check and make sure that the printing sheets are properly placed and not stuck inside the device.
- This issue may also occur when there is a slow or no internet connection or your device is not connected with the Wi-Fi. Hence, check everything beforehand and then switch the printer off. After a few minutes, restart the printer and connect it again.
- Unplug each and every USB and power cords. After this fix them all keeping the instructions in mind.
- Uninstall the drivers of your printer and install them again if it is showing “printer is in an error state Brother”. Many times the issue gets resolved with this simple trick.
- You can also run troubleshooting to check if there is any bug. If there is any, it will detect and fix the same.
Even after trying all the points listed below, you are still getting the error state issue, you will have to delete and install the printer software again. It is definitely the last but highly effective solution to deal with the Brother printer in error state issue.
Solutions for the Brother Printer in Error State Issue
Before consulting the tech support team of Brother Printers, it is suggested to try out the following options at least once:
Firstly, check that the printer is well-connected with the power and power supply is normal. After this, make sure your device is connected well with the router or computer.
Reconnect Your Brother Printer with Network
- If you are using the Ethernet LAN or wired connection for the internet, then you should check if it is firm. When you are in doubt, get in touch with the service provider.
- If your printer is wirelessly connected, then disconnect it and connect it again.
- Now, turn off the device and turn it on after a few seconds to check if it is working or the error is still coming or not.
Fix the Settings of Your Parallel Port
This issue may also affect the functionality of the device if the parallel port settings are not properly managed. Follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings:
- Go to the DEVICE MANAGER
- Now, select the PARALLEL PORT
- Click twice on the option to open the sheet of the properties
- Now, choose the PORT SETTINGS
- Click on the USE ANY INTERRUPT assigned your port
- Click on the option saying USE ANY INTERRUPT ASSIGNED TO THE PORT
- Lastly, click on the OK button to save the changes
Check for the Virus Attack or Malware
If you are looking for the answer to the question – why my brother printer is in an error state, then you should run a check to detect if there is any virus attack or malware in the system. They create problems while you try to print something. So, check for the same at least once before trying other methods.
Check Whether the Spooler is Properly Running or Not
It is one of the most important parts of a printer as it tells the printer about its printing job. Hence, you should check it once to know why is my brother printer in error state! And for this, follow the steps listed below:
- Press R + Windows keys together
- In the command tab, type service.msc
- After clicking on the option, scroll down and click twice on the service saying PRINTER SPOOLER
- Check if it is started and set to AUTOMATIC
- Change the settings if it is not set
- Click on the “RECOVERY TAB” and change the “first failure” to the “restart the service”
- Now, press the APPLY button to rectify the error state issue
Re-Install the Drivers of Your Brother Printers
If you are still getting the message saying “printer is in an error state Brother”, then you are required to follow the points mentioned below:
- If nothing works, then the last option for you is to uninstall the printer and install it again
- Now, go to the CONTROL PANEL and find the SETUP FILE. After this, uninstall the drivers of your printer from there
- Lastly, go to the DOWNLOADS FOLDER, and click twice on the Printer Setup ICON to run the file
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process
If you are getting the same problem even after trying all the methods listed above, then do not worry! You can get in touch with the expert support team of Brother Printers to seek the proper assistance and guidance from their technical experts. So, whenever you encounter this Brother Printer Not Printing message, you must connect with the technical support team of the provider.