Canon is one of the trustworthy brands of printers around the world. People use the printers from this brand for printing both for personal use and professional use. Regardless of the purpose for which it is used, users of Canon printing hardware face the same set of issues when their printing machine encounters a problem. Here are the steps to fix Canon Printer Paper Jam Error. Make certain you follow all the steps systematically without omitting any of the steps.
A Canon printer paper is commonly used for printing at homes and workplaces. While it works like a charm in most cases, it can lead to technical issues if handled incorrectly or inappropriately. Worse, it can put a total stop to prints at subsequent stages. That said, there are ways to not only resolve the issue manually but also take steps to keep it from happening.
What Causes Canon Printer Paper Jam Error?
Papers jams are the result of an array of issues experienced by your Canon Printer. Some of them have been mentioned below:
- You can face Canon printer paper jam error when the printer’s rollers are damaged due to mishandling.
- Using low-quality cartridges will leave toner and stray ink behind. This issue will not only lead to paper jams issues but also affect the quality of the printing quality.
- Using low-quality papers can cause paper jam inside printer Canon 2900.
- If you have inserted paper incorrectly into the paper tray, your printer can encounter paper jam errors. Curled or creased paper and an overfilled tray can create problems for everyone. Even using the incorrect kind of paper can cause jams on paper.
These were some of the most common reasons behind the Canon Pixma printer paper jam error.
How to Remove Jammed Paper from a Canon Printer
Irrespective of the reasons for the error, you can always fix them all by following the correct troubleshooting methods:
- Power the machine off. Remove the power cord from the main supply.
- Open the cover on which the prints come out.
- If you see a piece of paper on the front tray, consider removing it. Touch the printer gently and avoid touching it in a way that it causes an issue. Avoid blotting or scratching the clear film as it may cause a technical issue.
- Check if the jammed paper is under the FINE cartridge holder. If that’s the case, then you may need to shift the cartridge to the left or right edge depending on whichever you find it convenient to move. At the time of moving the FINE cartridge holder, hold it and slide it on one of the edges.
- Hold the jammed paper and pull it out in case it is rolled out.
- Now pull the paper gently in a way that it does not tear apart. Pull out the entire paper when you feel that more than half of the paper has already come out.
- In most of the cases, some part of the paper remains inside the machine in some way or the other. So, before you proceed with the next step, make sure that no portion of the paper which you have taken out is inside the machine. To be doubly sure about it, check both the left as well as the right edges of the FINE cartridge.
- Next, reload the paper after closing the paper cover. This needs to be done carefully. Make sure you are using the right kind of paper before reloading a ream. If you are not sure whether it is the right kind of paper for your printer, look at its size. This should ideally take care of the issue with a Canon printer paper jam. In case you still see the message on your computer screen, chances are some part of a paper is still stuck inside the printing machine.
While paper jams are one of the absolutes of using a printer, you can elude this issue by taking certain precautions. If your job involves using a printer for most of the part, make a point of remembering the steps given below.
- Try not to skip the servicing of your printing machine. Monitor it regularly whether your printer is in a fine working condition.
- Make sure you load the paper correctly. This simple step alone will take care of most of your printing issues.
- Avoid positioning your printer at or nearby places with higher moisture content. This will prevent the possibility of wavy prints due to the absorption of moisture by the printing machine from the nearby sources.
- Keep away from using paper of cheap or inferior quality. While such an act may give you the feeling of saving a few bucks but the way it harms the printing machine may compel you to splurge more on it. As a result, you may end up spending more than what you may save by paying less for the quality of the paper.
- Moisture can have an adverse effect on the normal functioning of your printer. So, before closing your deal on buying a ream of paper from a retailer or a shop, make sure that it is dry and does not contain any moisture.
- If the error message of ‘Canon Printer Paper Jam’ is displayed on your screen, click on the ‘Stop’ to cancel all print jobs assigned.
- Take out the front paper tray of the Canon Pixma printer and remove the stuck papers with your hands very carefully.
- Check the holder of the printer cartridge and move the holder’s filter to check if any paper is stuck, remove it.
- Please ensure to slowly pull the jammed paper out. Do not crush the paper.
- Go back to the paper tray and check if it is equipped properly. Reset if required.
After following the above-mentioned method, check if the ‘Canon printer paper jam’ issue has been fixed by printing a new document.
- First of all, go to the ‘Canon Pixma printer’ and long press the ‘Power’ button to turn it off.
- Turn your printing machine and open the outdoor cover and search for any stuck paper. If you find any, remove it carefully with your hands.
- Open the ‘Cartridge holder’ and search for any stuck paper there. Take out if you find any.
- Along with the jammed paper, look for dust particles, crushed pieces of papers, remove every unwanted particle from nearby spaces of the cartridge.
- Once you have dealt with the possible factors of the Canon Pixma printer paper jam, load the standard papers back in the paper tray.
- Let your Canon printer take rest for a while.
- Press on the ‘Power’ button to switch it on and ensure that the printer is not facing paper jam error but working properly.
After following the above-mentioned steps, the Canon printer paper jams issue will be resolved and you will successfully be able to print documents.
How to Prevent Paper Jam Inside Printer Canon 2900?
Despite providing the best quality prints, Canon printers encounter various problems quite often. One such problem is paper Jams. The below-mentioned tips can prevent your printer from encountering paper jams errors and, thus, improve its efficiency and life.
- The paper tray in your Canon printer, must not be filled to the fullest. If the tray is overfilled with papers, it might lead you to the paper jam error.
- Use the standard bureau file. Because they have irregular dimensions, crumpled, labeled and specialty paper often can cause a jam. If there is uncertainty about what paper types Canon Printer recognizes, check the printer documentation.
- While the printing machine is in the process of printing multiple pages, do not interrupt the paper sizes. Fill the paper tray with all the papers of the same size.
- Many Canon printing machines have sliding mechanisms that enable feeding into the Canon printer of different types and sizes of paper. If the slider is not placed correctly, a paper jam can be caused.
- Verify that the printer paper is placed correctly in the slot or tray.
Conclusion: We hope that the informative guide helped you learn how to clear jammed papers from Canon printer. Contact our team of experts for help with any aforementioned method. Most printer owners don’t know how to keep or use their printing hardware in the right way. Take care of your printing machine and this move will pay you dividends in the long run. This is the sure-fire way of reaping the benefits of having a printing machine or hardware at your disposal.