If there is one question which the owners of Canon printers often ask, it is how to connect canon printer to WiFi?
Given below is a step-by-step procedure to connect four of the most popular printers by cannon: Pixma MG 2922, MG 3620, MG 3600 and MX 492.
How to connect Canon Pixma MG2922 Printer to WiFi
- Connect your computer to the internet
- Next, power on your Canon Pixma MG 2922 Printer
- Now observe carefully to find out if it shows green or blue light. The former is an indicator that your printer is powered on and the later indicates that it is attempting to connect to the WiFi.
- Next, install the CD so that the set-up process may begin.
- On the next window, click next and choose WIRELESS LAN CONNECTION. Thereafter take the hover the cursor of your mouse over the option that reads “NEXT”.
- Now you will see the option to choose Access Point Connection. Once you are done with the selection of access point connection, click on NEXT. Click on NEXT once more as a sign of confirmation that your printer is powered on.
- You will see the blue light of the printer flashing. This is an indicator of the fact that your printing device has already begun searching for the available wireless connection nearby.
- Next, you will see that the printer list would appear blank. Check the box next to the option “PRINTER COULD NOT BE FOUND ON THE LIST”. Thereafter click on NEXT to allow the process of installation to go through smoothly.
- When you see the prompt for choosing the means of connection, hit the option CABLELESS SETUP. Click NEXT to progress to the next step.
- Now you will see the end user license agreement. All you need to do is agree to the terms and conditions by checking the box next to the message “I agree to the terms and conditions” to allow the installation process to begin. When the installation process goes on, keep clicking the option NEXT.
- Complete the online survey. You need to register to be able to complete the survey.
- Next, run a test to find out if the printer has been set up correctly.
- Once the test report is affirmative, push the “EXIT” button to complete the process of setting up your printer.
How do I connect my Canon MG3620 Printer to WiFi?
- Turn the printer on. Also, make sure that the WiFi light button (the B button) is turned on. Do this when the indicator light over the WiFi button starts to blink. Keep tapping the button until the light is flashed on.
- Next, press the colour button followed by the WiFi button. Now check again whether the WiFi light flashes or not.
- Install the requisite Canon MG 3620 driver and software. Insert the CD to install the software.
- Run the .exe file and press the start setup button. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to start the setup process.
- Now you will get to choose a wireless connection. Choose Wireless LAN connection and click on NEXT.
- Then click on the option which corresponds to connecting via the wireless router and then click on ‘NEXT’.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of printers. Select the name of your printer.
- On the subsequent screens, go on clicking the option ‘NEXT’ to complete the setup screen until you get to the software installation screen. When the screen appears, select the software and click on “NEXT”.
- Click on “EXIT” to complete the set-up process.
How do I connect my Canon MX494 Printer to WiFi?
- Power your Canon MX494 printer on
- Tap the Setup button (B) on the surface of the printer.
- Use the (C) buttons to navigate to device settings and then press OK.
- Select the Wireless LAN setup using the navigation or arrow keys and then push the OK button.
- On the completion of the previous step, the printer will automatically start looking for WPS-enabled access points. For best results, press it for five seconds.
- Once the printer is on your access point, press the WPS button for approximately five seconds. Release the button immediately upon the completion of five seconds. Do not hesitate to follow the user manual should you feel the need to get exact instructions. By doing so, you can rest assured that you are following the right procedure.
- Within two minutes, press the OK button and press “NEXT” on the following screen.
- Load an A4 size paper and press the button B on the printer.
- Now, use the button C to navigate to device settings and press “OK”.
- Next, use the C button once again to select LAN settings and press the OK button.
- Select Print LAN details by pressing the ‘C’ button. Make sure that the connection is active the SSID is the same as the name of your printer.
How to connect Canon MG3600 Printer to WiFi
- Make sure the WiFi lamp is flashing. When you see the lamp flashing, select button B.
- Now, press the C button of the printer and hold it until the lamp next to the power button flashes.
- Next, press the color button followed by the WiFi button. The WiFi lamp should flash quickly. Make sure that the lamp next to the power button is lit.
- Get back to the application screen now and proceed with the setup process in the same manner as indicated above for the other printers.
Now that you know how to connect canon printer to WiFi of popular models of Canon, do not hesitate to try them out.