Although Brother printers are famous for the best printing services, they end up printing blank pages and black pages quite often. So is your Brother printer printing blank pages as well? Then this guide will make your day. We have got all that you need to fix these common printing issues experienced on Brother printers. Check this guide out right here:
Know Why Is Your Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages Here
- If there is insufficient ink in your cartridge, your Brother printer may print blank pages.
- If you are using a wireless Brother printer, an improper internet connection can cause this issue.
- If the ink cartridge is not installed properly or is of low quality, it will print blank pages.
- Wrong printer driver settings can lead a printer to print blank pages.
- Dirty printheads of printers can print blank pages.
Now that you have got the answer to the ‘why is my Brother printer printing blank pages’ question, let’s learn how to deal with your Brother printer when it is printing blank.
Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages: Quick Fixes
If your Brother printer printing blank pages then you must try the following fixes on the printer or computing device. All the mentioned methods are tried and tested and reported to be the most effective solutions. Here you go:
Take Out and Re-insert Ink Cartridge of Brother Printer
If the wrong installation of the ink cartridge is the reason behind Brother printer printing blank pages, you should reinsert the toner to resolve the issue immediately.
- Take out the installed toner cartridge from the printer carefully.
- Close the door of the printer and place the cartridge in the spare place.
- Clean the ink cartridge from outside from a cloth.
- Leave the printer and the ink cartridge for a while.
- Re-install the toner properly and close the door of the printer.
After following the aforementioned steps, switch on your Brother printer and check if your Brother printer printing blank pages again.
Clean the Brother Printer Heads
Note: Before applying these steps, make sure your Brother printer is switched off.
- Navigate towards the printer’s screen of your Brother printer and click on the ‘Menu’ button.
- Use the navigation button and click on the ‘Ink’ section.
- Open the ‘Cleaning’ window and when the confirmation message pops on your printer screen, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Choose the ‘Black colour’ from the given options and click right to open the properties.
- Choose the option of ‘Clean’ and further select the ‘Shading cartridges’.
- Hit the ‘Clean’ option and confirm your choice.
Once the steps are implemented properly and print heads are cleaned, your Brother will print documents without any issues.
Change the Print Alignment
If your Brother printer is printing blank pages, you should try fixing the print alignment issues with your printer. Here are the correct steps to follow:
- Start the printer and open the ‘Ink section’.
- From the expanded options, choose the ‘Improve Print Quality’ option.
- Navigate towards the ‘Alignment’ option and click on it.
- Then, you will have to select the ‘Size of the Paper’ as per the alignment you want.
- Next, you will have to push the basic alignment on the paper tray and fill in the tray with enough papers.
- Run a test print and see that your Brother printer is printing properly.
Uninstall and Install the Printer Driver
- Start your Windows PC and click on the ‘Start’ button and expand the All Programs’.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ window and double-click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Find the ‘Brother printer driver’ and click right on it to expand options.
- Choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button when you are asked for confirmation.
- After a while, you will see that the Brother printer driver will be uninstalled.
- Now, launch a web browser and head to the Brother printer’s official page.
- Download a printer from the website that suits your Windows version and printing device as well.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the newly downloaded Brother printer driver.
- Once it is ready for use, restart your computer and your Brother printer as well.
After uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver, you will get past the “why is my brother printer printing blank pages” trauma forever.
Uncheck the Keep Printed Documents
- Open the ‘Printer properties’ section on the Brother printer’s screen.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ option from the menu list.
- After clicking the ‘Printer procedure’ key and then select the ‘WIN PRINT’ option.
- Now, on the ‘Default’ data, check for the ‘RAW alternative’.
- Click on the ‘OK’ key.
- Navigate under the ‘Advanced’ tab and uncheck the box before ‘Keep printed documents’.
Change the Printer Ink Status
One of the reasons why your Brother printer printing blank pages is that its ink status is set properly. Follow the steps mentioned below and change the status to the correct one:
- First, let’s check whether the ink in the toner is full or empty. Turn on the Brother printer.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button near the printer screen.
- Click on the ‘Ink management’ option using the navigation buttons.
- Hit the ‘OK’ button. Then, select the ‘Ink volume’ option to open its window.
- Here, by clicking on the ‘OK’ button, you can see the status of the ink.
If the status of the ink is turned off, turn it on by clicking on the toggle button. Refresh the printer at the end and your Brother printer will no more print blank pages.
How to Fix Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue on Mac?
If your Brother printer is connected with your Mac device, then there is a particular way to fix blank print-up issues:
- Open the ‘System Preferences’ section from the menu list of Apple applications.
- Choose the ‘Printers & Scanners’ tab to open and further double-click on the ‘Hardware’ tab.
- Then, navigate towards ‘Printer Driver’ that is causing the ‘Brother printer printing blank pages’ issues.
- Click-right on the driver and expand the list to select the ‘Delete’ button.
Note: Could not find your printer driver? Hit the ‘+’ icon and then select the printer driver from the drop-down list. Now, click on the ‘-’ icon and then hit the ‘Delete’ button.
- If you are required to confirm your choice, confirm it by clicking on the ‘OK’ button.
- In case, you have too many Brother printer drivers, delete all of them. Now, again click on the ‘+’ icon.
- Next, you will have to select the ‘Default Icon’ and choose the ‘Brother printer’ from the list.
- Drop down the list of the Printer and select the ‘CUPS Driver’.
- Then, click on the ‘Add’ button and refresh the window.
- Now, you will see that Brother printer driver on the list.
Now, you know how to deal when your Brother printer is printing blank pages.
How to Fix Brother Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue on Windows?
If your Brother printer is connected with your Window device, then there is a particular way to fix blank print-up issues:
- Open the ‘Applications’ list by clicking on the ‘Start’ menu option of Windows PC.
- Click on the ‘Control Panel’ and open the section to go through the list of installed ‘Devices and Printers’.
- In the Printer’s folder, open the Brother printer drive.
- Open its Properties section.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and further click on the ‘Printer Processor’ option.
- Next, select the ‘Winprint’ below the ‘Print Processor’ option.
- Select the ‘RAW’ option and then click on the ‘Default Data type’ tab.
- Confirm the choice by clicking on the ‘OK’.
- Navigate towards the ‘Advanced’ tab and click on it.
- Make sure the ‘Keep printed documents’ box is unchecked.
- Hit the ‘Apply’ option and complete the process.
After applying the steps carefully, print a document and you will see that the Brother printer issues are solved.
We hope this guide was helpful. For any query related Brother Printer Not Printing, connect with our representatives via Live Chat. Stay tuned to check more guides on common issues related to your technical devices.