HP Printer 79 Service Error may show up because of the faulty printer’s drivers or there may be a problem with the DIMM. The service error 79 indicates that the print job or the printer firmware might be outdated. Hence, the spooler would fail to communicate with the HP printer. A few of the ways to rectify the 79 Service error on your HP printer is to restart the device. It can also be resolved by updating the printer’s driver.
We have listed the probable causes and their fixes in this article. If you want to know more about the fixes for the HP Laser Printer 79 Service Error, then please read more.
More about the HP Printer Error Code 79
There are two types of 79 Errors that might be displayed on your printer’s control panel.
- 79 Error Turn off then on
This error indicates that the printer is dealing with an internal firmware error.
- 79 Service Error Turn off then on
You may have mistakenly installed the incompatible version of the DIMM.
What Causes the 79 Service Error on HP Printer?
The causes for the 79 service error can include incorrectly installed DIMM, incompatible versions of the drivers with your printer, etc. Below are all the probable reasons that may have caused this error:
- 79 errors can be caused by a problem in DIMM.
- There is a need to restart the printer.
- You might have been using an older version of the printer’s drivers.
Fixes for the 79 Error Code
The fixes to this error involve simple steps like restarting your printer, removing the faulty DIMM installed in your printer, etc. In some situations, you can also reinstall the drivers for your device.
Below are more detailed fixes for this error which you can use.
Restarting Your Printer
- Turn off your printer and wait for 30 seconds.
- Then turn it on and let it reboot.
- In case you are connecting a surge protector to the printer, remove it.
- Plug the printer into the power source directly.
- Turn on the power.
- If the message still persists, disconnect any other network or USB cables that may be connected to the printer.
- Restart your printer again.
- As your printer gets rebooted, delete all the print jobs.
- Print a test job from the printer to check whether you are using the updated firmware version.
The process shown here can solve the 79 service error code and if the message persists, then you can move onto the next fix written below.
Remove or Replace the DIMM
The issue might be caused due to a faulty DIMM that is installed in your printer. You can remove all the DIMM installed and then install the one that works well with your printer. If you are curious enough to read more about this method, then you can scroll down:
- Turn off your printer.
- Remove all the DIMM installed.
- If the printer is printing fine, then install a DIMM that is compatible with the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Removing the Printer from Your PC
Another effective method to resolve this 79 service error is to absolutely remove your printer from the system and then reinstall it. This line of approach requires you to reinstall the associated software of HP again which you can do easily.
Reinstalling the Printer’s Drivers
After trying all the fixes, if the message still persists then you can try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. In order to uninstall the driver, you need to go to the “Control Panel” and delete all the HP printer-related software. Then right-click on the start button and through it open the Device Manager. Scrolling through the print queues, you can remove the HP device by uninstalling it.
Below listed are the step-by-step instructions that you can follow to reinstall the drivers.
- Click on the “Start” menu.
- Go to the “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Uninstall a Program” option from the menu.
- Remove all the software that is related to the HP printer.
- Open the “Device Manager”.
- You can remove the HP device by uninstalling it by going through the “Print Queues”.
- Restart your desktop.
- Wait for the driver to be installed automatically.
- You need to install the associated software to HP again.
After going through all the above-mentioned instructions, try printing a sample job. This may have resolved your 79 service error on the HP printer.
After the complete reading of this article, you learned about the causes of the 79 service error in HP printers and their fixes. There may be varying reasons such as the incompatible version of the drivers, and problems with DIMM that are causing the service error code 79 in the printer. The fixes to this error include replacing the DIMM, restarting the printer, removing the printer from your PC, and HP Printer Error 49. We hope that this error does not show up again on your printer and if it does, then you can always come back and refer to this article.