Canon printer provides a high quality of printing and scanning devices that are used all over the world for home and office purposes. Sometimes, users encounter a few technical glitches and the printer stops working. One such problem is ‘Canon printer error 5200’. If you are also facing the same error message and wondering how to get rid of it, you have landed in the right place.
This article will take you through the four best-ever troubleshooting methods of how to fix a Canon printer error code 5200. Additionally, you will also learn what this error means and the reasons for occurring it.
What is Canon Printer Error 5200?
The Canon printer error code 5200 is related to the amount of ink and the usage of it. The Canon printers are designed to blend the remaining colors of the inks for making the black color. The error code 5200 indicates that the cartridges are either low, empty, or damaged.
Although there is nothing to worry about, still fixing the error without any guidance is equal to facing an uphill battle. That is why we are here to make your task easier.
Canon Printer Error 5200: Main Causes
Before you move forward to fix the printer issue, you must know why you are receiving the Canon printer 5200 error message. This will give you clarity in choosing which method you must apply to troubleshoot the error. Some of the most possible reasons for the problem are mentioned below:
- There is a fault in your cartridge.
- There is low ink left in the cartridges.
- The Logic Board in your Canon printer is damaged.
- The cartridges are empty.
- The black ink is not installed completely.
We know it is an exasperating situation when you face the Canon MX350 printer error 5200 during a print job. But trust us, going through the main causes has taken you a step closer to solving the problem.
Easy Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Canon Printer Error 5200
We have got you four best ever troubleshooting methods to fix the Canon MP495 printer error 5200. Hence, keep your eyes feast on the below-mentioned methods and follow them to get rid of any printer issue irrespective of its model.
Note: As we have discussed before, the Canon Printer Error 5200 can occur due to empty or low ink cartridges, check them, and refill if there is a need. If you still face the same error, follow the troubleshooting steps:
Uninstall the Old Ink Cartridges and Install the New Ones
Before applying the below-mentioned steps, keep the new ink cartridges near but do not open them until you are ready for the installation process.
- Turn on your Canon printer and go to its screen.
- The notification message will be reminding you which cartridge is expended and needs to be replaced.
- Have not received any such message? Click on the ‘Home’ button.
- Select the ‘Maintenance’ option with the help of the arrow buttons.
- Press on the ‘Ink Cartridge Replacement’ and hit on the ‘Next’ button.
- Click on the ‘Start’ and choose the option to see the instructions of ‘How to perform ink replacement’.
The instructions will appear on the printer screen.
- Do not take out the ‘Print head’ with your bare hands to prevent product damage.
- Avoid touching the white cable inside the product.
- To take out the ink cartridge, squeeze the tab on it and take it out in the upward direction.
- In case the remaining ink gets on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water immediately.
- Perform the steps from a distance, in case the ink gets into your eyes, wash your eyes immediately.
- Take out the new black cartridge and shake it for three to four times. If you are replacing the colored ink cartridges, do not shake them.
Caution: Do not shake the black ink cartridges after opening its packaging, otherwise the ink will leak.
- Remove the packages of the ‘Ink Cartridge’ carefully.
- Turn the ink cartridge, there will be a tape of yellow color, take it out gently.
Caution: Make sure you do not remove any other tapes or seals, otherwise the cartridge will become unusable and the ink will leak.
- Put the ink cartridge inside the holder and push it down gently. If you hear a ‘Click’ sound, you will know the cartridge is installed correctly.
- If you wish to change or ink cartridges as well, repeat the steps carefully.
- When you think all the ink cartridges are installed properly, lift up the scanner unit.
- Lower the scanner unit and lift it up again and then, push it down completely.
After applying the aforementioned steps, leave our Canon printer on for a while. Let the printhead be located to its position and the device starts taking the ink. Now, run a test print job and see that you are no more receiving the Canon MP495 printer error 5200.
Turn Off and On the Canon Printer
Restarting the printer can help it in functioning better and fix many printing issues such as Canon printer MP490 error 5200.
- Turn your printer off by pressing on the ‘Power’ button.
- Once it’s turned off, turn off the ‘Power’ switch as well and take out the cable from the board.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and insert the cable back in the Power outlet.
- Turn on the ‘Power’ switch and press on the ‘Power’ button of the Printer to turn your printer on.
- Run a test print job and check if it is printing successfully.
After rebooting your device and have fixed the Canon printer MP490 error 5200 in a jiffy.
Install Repair Tools
You can get rid of this printer related issue automatically with the help of a Canon printer repair tool. There are plenty of such tools available on the internet for free. One such application is Printer Diagnostic & Repair Tools.
Wondering how to install and use it to troubleshoot the Canon MX700 printer error code 5200? Here are the right steps to follow.
- Visit the official page of ‘Printer Diagnostic & Repair Tools’.
- Find the ‘Download’ link and click on it to install the repair tool.
- Once the tool is downloaded, click on the ‘File’ and open it.
- Click on the ‘Install’ and ‘Run’ consecutively.
Open the repair tool and enter the Canon MX700 printer error code 5200 and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issue on your own. This tool optimizes the printer’s performance and helps you in making it better.
Reset your Printer
Resetting your Canon printer is one last and best method to get rid of any printer related problems. Follow the steps mentioned below and get your printer back on work.
- Press on the ‘Power’ button on the top of your printer to turn it off.
- Locate the ‘Stop’ button and press it for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button.
- While the ‘Power’ button is On, hold the ‘Reset’ button, and release it.
- Press the ‘Reset’ button twice, whereas the ‘Power’ button is still on.
- Release the ‘Power’ button and wait until the ‘idle message’ is popped up on your screen of the printer.
- Choose the option of ‘Expose the cartridges’ and lift up the ‘Ink Cartridge’s Cover’.
- Now, take out the black and colored ink cartridges carefully by squeezing the tab.
- Reinstall the cartridges back in their places carefully and close the top cover of it.
- Turn off the ‘Printer’ by clicking on the ‘Power’ button.
Leave your printer for a few minutes and turn it on. Run a test print job and confirm that the Canon printer error 5200 is no more showing.
After going through the entire guide we hope you could fix the Canon Printer Error 5200 easily. Got a query? Call our experts or start a live chat with them. Our tech experts have never flunked in solving any printer related issues. We provide instant and effective solutions at modest prices.