The HP printers can easily establish a wireless connection with your local network. You will need a wifi router of good internet speed to start the HP wireless printer setup. The wireless connection between your system and your printer can be created by using the HP Auto Wireless Connect tool. You can also take assistance from the WPS method for connecting the HP printer to your system running on Windows/Mac OS.
To educate you about the methods to connect your printer’s setup, we have prepared this reading. After going through this extensive writing, you will learn various other methods that you can implement for establishing the connection between your HP printer and your local network. Moreover, you will also come to know the HP printer models on which these methods can be executed.
How to Prepare Your Computer for the Wireless Connection?
To initiate the HP wireless printer setup, you need to make sure that your printing machine is ready for the wireless connection. You can prepare your HP printer for the wireless connection setup by restoring its settings to default. Another method that you can use for preparing your device for the wireless connection is by installing the HP Smart App.
Below you can find detailed instructions on these methods.
Restore Your Printer to Default Settings
Your HP printer’s settings need to be set to default before you set up the wireless connection. For the default settings, you have to go to the Wireless Menu of your HP device. Then tap on the Restore Network Defaults button.
To know the remaining steps to get the settings to Default you can read the directions given here:
For HP Touchscreen Printers:
- Go to the “Wireless Menu” or “Restore Settings Menu” of your printer.
- Press the “Restore Network Defaults” button on your printer.
For HP Printers without Touchscreen:
- Push and hold the “Wireless” and “Cancel” buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the “Wireless” and “Power” lights start to blink.
For Tango HP Printers
- The “Wireless” button should be pressed by you for five seconds. You will find this button on the back of your printer.
For HP Laser Printer
- Press and hold the “Wireless” button for a few seconds. The “Attention” light will start blinking. There is a slight probability that your printer will restart in this process.
Download and Install the HP Smart App
For preparing your HP printer to connect with the system, you can also use the HP Smart App. If you don’t have the app, then you can download and install it from the HP official website. Open the input tray of your printer and load the paper sheets in it. Close the tray and power on your printer.
Below-written are the step-by-step directions that you can follow to implement this method:
- Download and install the “HP Smart App” from the official website of HP.
- Place your HP device adjacent to your wifi router.
- Open the input tray and load the paper sheets in it.
- Close the input tray.
- Switch on your HP printer.
- Tap on the name of your printer on the “HP Smart App”.
How to Setup HP Wireless Printer with Your Computer on Windows OS?
You can connect the HP device to your Windows desktop by using the HP Auto Wireless Connect tool. Another method to set up your wireless printer wirelessly is through the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). You can also connect your HP wireless printer to your personal network with the help of a USB setup.
Use HP Auto Wireless Connect
The HP Auto Wireless Connect is a great tool for connecting the printer to a computer wirelessly. For using it, you need to download the printer’s software on your computer. After you have downloaded the software, begin to install it. When you see the Network option, click on it.
To learn more about how to set up the wireless HP printer using Auto Wireless Connect, you can read the steps mentioned here:
- Download your HP printer’s software on your computer.
- Begin the installation process.
- Click on the “Network (Ethernet/Wireless)” option.
- Opt for “Yes, Send My Wireless Settings to the Printer”.
The HP software will automatically recognize the change you have made and it will connect your HP printer with your system.
Note: Make sure your computer is using Windows Vista or a newer version.
Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Connecting your HP printer to your system through WPS is one of the easiest methods. You don’t have to type in your wifi login credentials in the printer. The WPS mode can be activated by pushing the “WPS” button that you will find on your printer.
Below-given are the directions for wirelessly setting up your printer with your desktop using WPS:
- Refer to your printer’s instructions manual and begin the “WPS Push Button” mode.
- After waiting for a few seconds, press the “WPS” button.
- Take a sample print job to check the print quality and settings.
Tip: Use a router that is equipped with a physical WPS button.
Wireless Setup Wizard for HP Printer
The Wireless Setup Wizard can only be used on printers that have a touchscreen display. To establish a connection of your printer and your system through the wireless setup wizard, go to the Control Panel of your printer. Click on the Network menu and then go to the settings.
You can find all the instructions here:
- Go to the HP printer’s “Control Panel”.
- Tap on the “Network” or “Wireless” Menu.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Choose the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option.
- Here you will see a list of all the available networks. Click on the name of your network.
- Correctly enter your wifi password.
We believe that you were able to understand how to set up an HP printer wirelessly by using the Wireless Setup Wizard. In case your printer is still not connected, we suggest you go through the above-mentioned steps once again.
Wireless Connection Setup through a USB Cable
In case you are working on an HP printer that does not have a touchscreen display, you can set up a wireless connection between your printer and desktop with the help of a USB cable. You will need to connect the cable with both your devices for a brief moment. Disconnect the cable when you are indicated to do so by the HP software.
To know the remaining steps involved in this method, you can refer to the instructions below:
- Make sure you are using a printer without a touchscreen.
- Connect a USB cable with your printer and computer for a few minutes.
- Disconnect the cable when the software indicates you to do so.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for configuring the wireless connection of your HP printer.
After you have completed the above-mentioned steps, proceed to install the printer software on your desktop. Installing the software will help you to complete the HP wireless printer setup.
How to Setup the HP Wireless Printer on Mac?
You can set up the HP wireless printer with your system running on the Mac OS by switching on your HP device and placing it near your desktop. For setting up your printer with touchscreen, you will have to click on the Setup, Network, or Wireless Menu. Choose the option of the Wireless Setup Wizard. If you are using an HP printer without a touchscreen, then push the Wireless button. A USB cable can also help you to set up your printer and the system.
If you want to know the detailed steps for setting up your printer to your system running on Mac OS, then you can read these guidelines:
- Turn on your HP printing machine.
For Printers with Touchscreen:
- Click on the “Setup”, “Network”, or “Wireless” Menu on your printer.
- Tap on the “Wireless Setup Wizard” and then follow the instruction you see on the screen.
For HP Printers without Touchscreen Display:
- Press the “Wireless” button till the wireless light starts blinking.
- You will see the “WPS” button on your wifi router. Push it.
For USB Connection
- Attach the USB cable to your HP printer and your system using the Mac OS.
HP Wireless Printer Setup Methods and Compatible Models
The methods mentioned in this blog are compatible with several HP printer models. You can read the following section to know all the printer models compatible with these methods:
|HP 2600 Printer Series||HP 2652 Printer||HP 3525 Printer||HP All-In-One Printer Series|
|HP C4700 Printer||HP Envy 5055 Printer||HP OfficeJet 6000 Printer||HP C4780 Printer|
|HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Printer||HP DeskJet 3050a Printer||HP OfficeJet 4630 Printer|
We hope that you were able to wirelessly set up your HP printer by now. After you have thoroughly gone through this blog, you would have come to know about different methods for connecting HP printers wirelessly with your system operating on Windows or Mac OS. Also, you learned the different HP printer models on which these methods can be performed. You can use the HP Auto Wireless tool, WPS button, and Wireless Setup Wizard to form a connection between your local network and the HP printer. In case, you want more information relating to the HP printer’s wireless setup, you can tell us via the comment section provided below. Also, here you can get the complete procedure for How to Connect HP Printer to Wifi.