When you connect your HP printer with Windows 10 or any other device, you might see a prompt on your laptop screen that states Enter WPS pin on HP Printer. This happens because when you connect and install the printer on your Windows 10, it requires a WPS pin to successfully connect the HP printer with a wireless network. Using this WPS pin, you can build a secure connection between the devices. But before we proceed let us know what is WPS pin on HP printer.
What is WPS Pin on HP Printer?
WPS is the abbreviation of Wi-Fi Protected Setup. WPS Pin is basically a number of Eight digits. HP printer generates this pin for wireless connections with the routers. This works for wireless routers only. WPS Pin works like a secret code between the devices as this will help you to secure your printer from unknown users and prevent hackers. So, here, in this blog, you will learn where to find WPS pin on HP printer and connect HP printer with your devices wirelessly.
Where is the WPS Pin Located on My HP Printer?
This is common to think about where is the WPS pin on my HP printer. But, in most of the HP Printers, the WPS pin is placed on the screen of the printer especially in HP Officejet 4650, HP Envy 4520, and HP Laserjet printer. If you look closely at the printer, it has a small screen where you will see the WPS pin that is generated for all wireless connections.
However, some of the HP printers such as HP Deskjet 2652 and HP Deskjet 2600 do not have screens. And to connect your printer, a WPS pin is required. In such a situation, you might think where to find WPS pin on printer. Interestingly, there are two ways to get the job done. Let us know what are those two ways.
What are the Two Ways for WPS Connection?
For HP printers, especially those who do not have a screen, you can try on any of these two following options to connect the HP printer.
- Push Button
- WPS Pin
You will find push-button in non-screen HP printers and WPS pins can be found on screen enabled printers. Let us know how to use these two types of WPS connections on your HP printer.
WPS Push Button for HP Printers
As mentioned earlier, this WPS push button is provided on non-screen HP printers. In other words, if you do not have a printer that has a screen or control panel, it must have a push button on the printer. Now let us know how to connect the HP printer with the device using a push button.
Below are the following steps that you need to perform when your printer has no screen and control panel.
- If your printer is turned off then turn it on or if the printer is already on then make sure you restart it.
- In the next step, you can look for the wireless button on the printer.
- Once you find the button, press it on the printer.
- When you press the button, it gets started while flashing a Green or Blue light.
- Now, you can go with the wireless router.
- There you will see a WPS button at the back of your router.
- As the next step, you can press and hold the WPS button for like 3 to 4 seconds.
- Once you do so, the light starts blinking on your router.
- At this point, you need to wait for a short while for the router and the printer to stop blinking the light.
- After a while, your HP printer will be connected successfully with your computer.
Below are the steps for the HP printer that has a screen or the control panel still you can use the WPS button.
- First of all, make sure that you restart the printer if it was on.
- In the control panel settings of the HP printer, you can go with the Setting and Wireless button.
- When you do so, the Blue light starts blinking.
- Now, you can choose the Wi-Fi protected Setup option and follow the instructions given on your printer screen.
- At this point, you need to choose Push-button.
- Now, you can go with your wireless router.
- There you can find the WPS button at the back of the router.
- Then, you need to press and hold the WPS button for Four seconds.
- Once you do so, the WPS light starts blinking.
- After this, you need to wait until both the router and printer light stops blinking.
- Now, you will see the status on your printer screen that states ‘Connection Established’.
WPS Pin on HP Printer
If you have an HP printer that has a screen or control panel and wants to know where is the WPS pin on my printer then you can use the WPS pin (Eight digit number) shown on the screen. Let us know where is the WPS pin on a printer.
- First of all, turn your printer on. If the printer is already on then you can restart it.
- In the next step, you can go to the control panel and hit the Wireless button.
- After that, Blue light starts blinking.
- Now, on your printer screen, you will see an option that says WiFi Protected Setup.
- You can go to this WiFi Protected Setup option and choose the WPS PIN printer option.
- Thereafter, you will see the WPS pin generated on your printer screen.
- As the last step, you can enter the pin on your computer screen and connect the HP printer with your computer.
Note: The WPS pin that you create remains active for a few seconds (10 seconds) so make sure you note down and use the pin immediately. In case the pin does not work on your printer then you can regenerate it.
Conclusion: Connecting the HP printer with other devices is easy. Furthermore, it is also necessary to secure the connection between the devices. Therefore, we use the WPS pin printer or WPS button to connect the HP printer with your laptop or computer securely. If you are eager to know how to find WPS pin on HP printer, the guide has told you the methods. In case you do not understand how to find WPS pin for printer then you can use the WPS push button to connect your HP printer with your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to HP Printer WPS Pin
The WPS PIN can be found on your screen enabled printers. All you are required to do is go to the control panel, press the Wireless button, and click the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) option in order to generate your WPS PIN. And, when you generate the pin, you can use it on your devices such as your computer to make a secure connection among printers and the device.
WPS stands for WI-Fi Protected Setup which is known for its secure network role. Without WPS PIN, you would not be able to establish a secure connection wirelessly between the router and devices such as HP Printers. So, you can use this WPS PIN to connect your HP printer with your computer or laptop while maintaining the network security.
Before finding the WPS PIN code, you need to create it on your HP printer. Once you generate the Eight digit code, you are required to enter it immediately on your computer. Doing so, you can connect your HP printer with your device wirelessly. Furthermore, you can make the connection secured as you have the WPS PIN code that you have created yourself.
On an HP printer, you need to find this WPS PIN. To do so, you can go to the Control panel on your HP printer. Thereafter, you are required to press the button to bring up the Settings option. Now, you can click on the Wi-Fi Protected Setup and whatever your screen instructs, follow that carefully. Next to this, you can go to the PIN section and once you tap it, you will find your WPS PIN on your screen. After generating this WPS pin, you can enter it on your computer to connect your HP printer with your device.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a protected network that sets a connection between routers and printers (wirelessly). There are two ways that can help you to connect the printer with your operating system. Either you can use WPS Button or an Eight digit WPS Pin. By using this WPS PIN, you can connect your printer safely and easily.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup is also known as WPS which is a PIN code of 8 digits. It allows users to connect their HP printers with other devices wirelessly as well as securely. By using this WPS PIN, you can build a secure connection between devices and prevent hackers and unknown users from getting connected. Hence, it is advised to use the WPS PIN eight-digit pin code as it is an encrypted network.