Brother wireless printers provide access to printing and workflow functionality on both Windows and Macintosh computers. The supported function varies according to the model specifications and capabilities. Here we are going to show you how to install brother wireless printer on Mac and Windows.
How To Install Brother Wireless printer On Mac:
Follow the below instructions to install Brother printer on Mac OS x 10.5 or greater.
Step 1: Check Router/WLAN setting
- Open the wireless network setting and record the following
- Name of the Network (ESSID, SSID,)
- Network Key (encryption key or Security Key, Password).
Step 2: Configure your wireless settings
- First, you got to plug in the Brother wireless printer to the power source. Then, turn the machine power on.
- Press menu.
- Select the network by pressing up and down.
- Select (WLAN) as the wireless network connection type and then press Ok.
- Setup your machine on the network. Please refer to the Quick Setup Guide or Network’s User’s Guide for further information on how to set up your machine.
- Click on the Apple menu and choose the system preferences.
- The machine will start searching for your network among the available SSIDs as the wireless setup wizard will be enabled.
- Press down or up arrow to choose the SSID of your choice from the list available.
- Connect with the network by giving the user authentication type and key. Press Ok when you have completed entering the key characters. Press Yes to apply the settings.
- The Brother Printer machine will then attempt to connect with your Mac device. After successfully connecting with the wireless device, your Brother Printer machine will display a message saying ‘connected.’
Step 3: Download the Printer Driver
- Download the driver onto your Macintosh computer. Go to the Brother printer’s website. Then scroll to the download section of the website. Once you enter the download section, you will see the drivers available for download with installation instructions. There are different versions of drivers available which are compatible for different operating systems.
How To Install Brother wireless Printers on Windows 10
Brother printer installation windows 10 includes some of the steps given above. For USB users, it is easy to install as they just have plug-in the USB cable to the printer and Windows 10 will automatically download and install the drivers. The detailed stepwise procedure for wireless network users is explained below:
- The wireless network users need to download the Brother iPrint and Scan from the Brother website.
- After downloading, double-click on the downloaded iPrint Scan setup file. Click on the Install button.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, press on the launch button.
- After reading the terms and conditions, place a tick mark in the box ‘I agree above End-User Agreement.’ Then click Ok.
- Your printer would show up in on the Devices and Printers section of your control panel.