Paper jams occur when there are small pieces of paper are trapped in the inside the printer. Although Brother printers are designed strategically, in ordinary circumstances, there will be no paper jams. But in case you find a paper jam error, then follow the instructions carefully to solve the problem.
Solved: Brother Printer Paper Jam Issue
Now here are the steps to fix the paper jam problem in brother printer:
- First of all, ensure that your printer’s work is done. Like receiving or sending a fax. If yes, then switch it off and pull out the power plug.
- Open the front cover and leave the machine to cool down.
- After 10 minutes, take down the cartridge assembly and the drum unit.
- Pull the paper tray completely and eliminate the papers which are there on the tray. Also, check the cartridge holder to spot if there are any jammed papers behind it. If so, move the cartridge to remove all the waste paper.
- Close the front cover of the paper tray.
- If the paper is jammed in the center of the printer, then press both the release buttons at both ends at the same time.
- Use both the hands to lift the printer cover into the open position.
- It is also important to check the position of the print head. If the print head is in the right-hand corner, then hold the Stop/Cancel button until the print head moves to the center.
- Now gently move the print head.
- Then, carefully drag out the jammed paper using your fingers. Keep this piece of paper away.
[Please be careful not to touch or scratch any internal parts of the printer while removing the paper].
- While pulling out the papers, make sure the papers are not being torn. Ensure that all the jammed paper is removed without leaving any leftover paper pieces behind. If any paper remains, remove them carefully with the help of tweezers.
- After removing the paper, push back the paper tray firmly and put the output cover back in place. Make sure you pull out the paper support until it clicks.
- Plug the power cord of your Brother printer back into the AC power outlet.
How To Fix Brother Printer Paper Jam Error With No Paper Jammed
Even if after removing the jammed paper, if you are still facing the issue, then try the following:
- Try opening and closing the scanner cover after removal.
- Make sure there are no remains of papers inside the machine.
- If still, the message continues to appear, then contact the service centers.
Tips To Avoid Brother Printer Paper Error
- Ensure to use the paper suited for printing which is supported by the Brother printers.
- Load the paper correctly
- Eliminate moisture from the paper trays. Use dry cotton to clean the tray.
- Do not force move the papers
- Check time to time that there are no jammed papers.
- Make sure that there are no tiny pieces of paper left out in the paper tray.