If you own a Brother printer, gaining an insight into how to connect Brother printer wireless to a computer can help you in not only boosting your productivity but also in saving your time.
So, are you looking for the solution to how to connect to Brother wireless printer? The steps to connect to Brother wireless printer through a network, a computer or a Mac device are discussed below.
Connect brother printer to new wireless network
Before proceeding with the steps on how to connect wireless Brother printer to network, the first thing you need to do is note down the important details such as the SSID and the network key. Keep them handy as they will be useful during the troubleshooting process.
If you are looking for the idea to find out those details, you can find them either in the documents or check out the side of your WLAN access point.
Now, you are ready to try out the troubleshooting steps. Follow the steps given below without skipping any of the steps as each of them are of vital importance in setting up your Brother machine wirelessly.
- Open the control panel of your Brother printing machine to configure its wireless settings.
- Attach the AC power cord to the machine and then connect it to an AC electrical socket. Power on the machine.
- Now press these keys in a sequence: Menu->Up or Down->Network->OK->Up or Down->WLAN->OK->Up or Down->Setup Wizard->OK.
- When you see the “WLAN Enable?” prompt on the screen, enable it to start the wireless setup wizard.
- The list of the names of all the networks available within the range of the printing hardware will appear on the screen. Choose the name of your wireless connection on the list and then press OK.
- The WPS available option would appear on the screen if your access point supports WPS. The machine will now attempt to connect to the nearest wireless connection. Once the printing machine is connected to a network, you will see the message “Connected” on the screen.
Now, that you know how to connect Brother wireless printer, here is a quick guide on how you can connect it to Windows 7 and Mac devices.
How to connect brother wireless printer to windows 7
- Add Printer Wizard Driver or the Printer Driver of your Brother printer from the official website of the brand.
- Next, you will need to extract the downloaded driver. Click on the downloaded attachment. It would be a zip attachment, so you will see a zip decompression window on the screen once you click on the attachment.
- Now you need to save this file at a location. By default, the downloaded files are saved in the last selected folder. However, you have the option to choose any other folder if you want.
- Click on “Decompress”. Wait until the decompression process is complete. Upon the conclusion of the process, click on “OK” to end the process. Note down the chosen path in which you have saved the decompressed file and keep it handy for future use.
- Next, you must choose one between the two choices – local connection and network connection – depending on the kind of connection you have. If the type of connection you are using is a local connection, connect the printer with your computer using an interface cable of not more than six feet in length. Avoid using any other kind of cable as it can lead to a technical issue at the subsequent stages. Now, power on your computer machine and follow this path: Windows->Devices and Printers->Add a printer->Add a Local Printer. Select a communication port. If you happen to be a network connection user, follow all the steps suggested above. You need to select your machine from the list of printers and click on “Next”.
- Now, follow this path: Have Disk->Browse (select a location)->Open->OK. Thereafter, select the model of your printer and click on “Next” to proceed to the next step.
- In case your device already has a driver, you will see a message corresponding to it on the screen. If you see this message, select “Replace The Current Driver” followed by “Next”.
- Do not change the name of the printer. Leave it in as-it-is format and choose “Next”.
- Check the box next to the option to set it as the default printer. To make sure that things are okay, choose the option which corresponds to a test print.
- Click “Finish” to complete the process of the installation of drivers. If you see the message that the software has not passed the Windows testing feature, click on the option “Continue Anyway”. This will take care of the installation of the software.
Connect Macbook to Brother wireless printer
- First power off your brother printer machine and unplug it from the power outlet. Unplug the interface cable as well.
- Now, turn the machine on by plugging the plug into the power outlet. Insert the CD ROM, which comes along with Brother printers, into the CD-ROM drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions to install the driver.
- Restart your Macintosh so it recognizes the newly installed driver.
- Select the printer and install the paper port. For best results, make sure that you read the manual and do the installation in accordance with the instructions given in the manual.
- Now, click on Apple menu and select system preferences.
- Next, click on Print & Fax, Print & Scan and Printers & Scanners. Next, click on the “+” button.
- Click on “Default” and choose the name of your printer from the list and click on the Add button.
- Now, the printer is added to all the options in step 6. Click on “Quit System Preferences” to complete the process.