These days, a sound knowledge of setting up a printer is necessary to keep up with the demands and changing dynamics of productivity at workplaces. If you are using a printer from a popular brand such as Canon, knowing Canon printer wireless setup can save both your time and hassle which is involved in reaching out the representatives of its customer service helpdesk.
Regardless of whether you have a Canon Pixma MG 3022, MX 490, MX 492 or MX 522, it is a valuable investment. You can make the most of it by setting it up and utilizing it in getting quality prints.
For the sake of the owners of the printers from this brand, a step by step systematic guide on how to setup Canon wireless printer is given below.
Canon Pixma MG 3022 printer setup
The first thing you need to do is set up the wireless printer on LAN Setup. In order to do this, press the keys in the sequence: Wireless button (until the network lamp starts flashing)->Color button->Wireless button (until the network lamp lights up)->Color button.
- Choose a region and select “Next”.
- Agree to the license agreement by choosing “Yes”.
- Either select “Agree” or “Do not agree” to the survey.
- On the next screen, you will see a notification regarding the firewall setting on your computer. Click “Next” to deactivate the block.
- On the following screen, you will see the kind of connection you are using. Read the information carefully and find out if the given information is correct. In case it is correct, select “Yes” to move to the next step.
- The set-up process will begin upon the conclusion of the previous step. When you are on the screen which prompts to select a wireless router, find out the name of your preferred wireless network on the list and then enter the network key linked to it. Click on “Next”.
- The set up may take a few minutes to complete. Once the process is complete, you will get to see the message stating the same. When the set up is complete, click “Next”.
- Keep pushing the “Next” option until you come across the screen with the option “Exit”.
Canon mx490 printer setup
- Before you begin the process, ascertain that the printer is powered on. Your best bet to find it out is to check the power lamp. If it is on, it means the printing machine is on.
- Press the Setup key. To select Wireless LAN setup, use the button with the left and right arrows.
- Press “OK”. The printer will start searching for compatible routers to connect wirelessly. The available methods for connectivity will show up on the screen. Choose your method from the choices.
- Choose the type of connection you are using and select “OK”.
Canon mx492 printer setup
- Download the setup software for Canon MX 492 from the official website of Canon. Once you select the download option, you will see a prompt asking you to choose a location at which you would want to save the downloaded software.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded software. You will see three options on the screen: “Run”, “Open folder” and “View downloads”. Select “Run” to run the setup.
- Next, you will see the on-screen instructions. Follow them thoroughly to set up your Canon MX 492 printer.
Canon mx522 printer setup
- As soon as you connect the printer to a laptop, Windows system will recognize and start installing the software in the machine.
- Turn off the printer machine. Plug the USB cable, which comes with the machine, into the port on the printer. Insert the other port on the laptop.
- Turn the printing machine on now. Next, bring the control panel on your computer’s screen by pushing the “Start” button at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Now, follow this path: Hardware and Sound->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer->Local Printer. Select the port to which the printer is connected.
- Select the type of printer and click on “Next” to proceed to the next step.
- Assign the printer a name and click “Next”. Select an option to choose whether you would like to share the printer. Also, you will be required to choose if you want the printer to be used as the default printer.
- Click on “Finish” to complete the process of Canon MX522 printer setup.
Perform these simple steps to set up your Canon printer for the above models in quick time without a hassle. Consider taking the help of a professional in case you feel the need for technical assistance relating to these steps.