Many Canon printer users are facing the issue that their canon printer not responding. An error message saying “printer not responding” pops up when they try to print something. This can be very frustrating if you have a deadline to meet.
How To Fix Canon Printer Not Responding?
But don’t you worry, as we have listed below a few reasons why your printer is not responding along with the solutions to the problem.
Connectivity issue –
- If you are connecting your printer via USB to the computer, then check that if it connected properly. If the cable is connected properly and still the canon mx922 printer not responding then change the USB cable or unplug and plug the USB ports.
- If you are using wireless connection printer, then check network devices, check that the computer and printer are on connected to the same network. If all the connections are right, then try reconnecting with the network.
Wrong printer port configuration –
- Step 1 – Select the Start menu > Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Step 2 – Right-click the “Canon Printer” icon, then select Printer Properties
- Step 3 – Select Change properties on General tab then go to Ports tab and tick that port which contains the name of the printer
- Step 4 – Hit apply
Incorrect access point –
An access point is a device which connects various network devices with the internet. One of the reasons why your canon mg2900 printer not responding is that it is not connected to the right access point. For changing the wireless network setting firstly, you have to connect the computer and printer using cable.
- Step 1 – When you connect the printer with the computer through USB cable select the printer
- Step 2 – Click the Configuration button.
- Step 3 – Click the Wireless LAN button.
- Step 4 -Change the settings and click OK to confirm
3rd party firewall or antivirus interference –
The function of a firewall is to block threats and unauthorized access using the network and often overprotective firewall blocks printer from connecting with the network. The best and easy solution to this issue is disabling your 3rd party antivirus and for doing so following steps:
- Step 1 – Start menu > Control Panel > Programs
- Step 2 – Locate your 3rd party antivirus, and uninstall it by right-clicking and selecting the uninstall option.
Outdated drivers –
When you update your operating system, there are chances that your printer drivers are not compatible with the new operating system. Since printer drivers interact directly with the operating system so drivers should be up to date. So, print manufacturers regularly release new updated drivers. Follow following steps to update your printer drivers:
- Step 1 – Firstly you need uninstall outdated drivers, Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager
- Step 2 – Expand the USB Controllers sections under which you will find Canon printer
- Step 3 – Right-click on the printer and select “Uninstall” from the context menu. Click “OK” to confirm the removal.
- Step 4 – Download the appropriate printer driver according to your OS version. Install the driver and restart the computer.