If you have encountered Epson error code 0x97 and are searching for ways to fix it effectively, this detailed guide will come in handy. Learn the reasons for the error and five effective solutions to deal with it. But before jumping to these fixes, let’s know what are the reasons for the Epson Printer Error Code 0x97. Here we go:
What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
Your printer can encounter this error when there is any disturbance in the internal hardware of the printer. Some of the most common Epson models that catch Epson printer error code 0x97 are given below.
|Epson WF 3640 Error Code 0x97||Epson Workforce WF 3640 Error Code 0x97|
|Epson WF 3620 Error Code 0x97||Epson WF 4630 Error Code 0x97|
|Epson WF 7620 rror Code 0x97||Error Code 0x97 Epson WF 3640|
What Causes Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
There are several reasons due to which your printer encounters Epson error code 0x97. Two most common reasons are mentioned below:
- A failure in the motherboard of your printer
- A failure in any other internal component
After the error occurs, your printer will stop functioning, hence you must prevent any printing activity and fix the Epson printer error code 0x97 before it’s too late.
How to Fix Error Code 0x97 On Epson Printer?
Go through the enlisted methods to learn various ways of how to fix Epson error code 0x97 with simple and easy instructions. Try one or more of them to get your Epson printer back to work.
Unplug and Plug-in
If your printer suddenly faces difficulties to function and the ‘Epson printer error code 0x97’ message shows on your display, then you must follow the enlisted steps to fix it as soon as possible. The following method expects you to unplug from the power supply and plug-in back, read the steps in detail below.
- Move towards your Epson printer, turn it to the backside, and take out all the USB cables attached to the Epson printer.
- To see if there is any jammed paper in the paper tray, open the printer casing. If you find any stuck paper, take it out.
- Now, remove the Epson printer cartridges and place them in a safe area.
- Now that your system is disconnected with printers, press long on the ‘Power’ button of your system.
- The prior step will help your system by releasing the current left in your printer.
- After a while, reconnect all the USB cable by plugging into your printer and system one by one.
- Connect your printer to your system, turn on your Epson printer and your system.
After applying the aforementioned steps thoroughly, the Epson error code 0x97 issue in your printer will be fixed and your Epson printer will start functioning again. Now, print as many documents as you can.
Update Your Epson Printer Driver
If you could not follow the prior method and are still wondering how to fix error code 0x97 on Epson printer, here is another easy fix to the error you are facing. Try the enlisted instructions and update your printer driver on Epson and get back your printer on work.
At times, problems occurring in the printer driver creates other problems like Epson WF 7620 error code 0x97. To fix this problem, you need to repair the printer driver by updating it with its latest version. This is a simple method to apply and update the driver of the Epson printer.
- Start your operating system and go to the ‘All Programs’.
- Hit on the ‘Programs’ and choose the ‘Epson Software’.
- Right-click on it and then select the option of ‘Epson Software Updater’.
- In case you do not have the ‘Epson Software Updater’, visit the official website of Epson printers.
- Select your model of Epson printers from the given list.
- Then, install and download the program from there.
- If ‘Do you want this app to be able to make device changes?’ question prompts on your screen, hit the button of ‘Yes’.
- At last, click on ‘Agree’ and the ‘OK’ buttons respectively.
- Once the ‘Epson Software Updater Utility’ installs on your system click on the ‘Start’ button on its program.
- Find the option of ‘Update’ and click on it to update your Epson printer driver.
After you finish applying the steps, the Epson print driver firmware update will be completed. Now, give a print command to any document to see if the problem is still there. In case you are still facing the same problem, follow another method of how to fix error code 0x97 on Epson printer.
Use Printer Troubleshooter
Considering using a printer troubleshooting tool to fix any printer problem, especially Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97 is always a wise idea. Although while using the troubleshooting tool, you will have to unplug your Epson printer until the process completes.
Follow the enlisted instructions and download, install, and run Microsoft’s troubleshooting tool to fix Epson error code 0x97.
- Start your system and go to the internet browser.
- Visit the Microsoft’s support webpage and scroll down the page and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
- Microsoft’s printer troubleshooting tool will start downloading.
- Once the tool is downloaded, go to the ‘Downloads’ folder and double-click on it to open.
- Open the ‘printer diagnostic’ by double-tapping on it.
- Select the ‘Name’ and the ‘Publisher’ and click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Now, the software will detect problems if there is any and ask you if you want to troubleshoot or not.
- Hit the button of ‘Troubleshooting the problem detects in your printer’ and fix Epson printer error code 0x97
After following the steps listed above, the Epson WF 3640 error code 0x97 will be fixed and you can easily give a print command for any document and make use of your Epson printer.
Clean your Epson Printer
Epson error code 0x97 can also occur due to your Epson printer having assembled dirt which overcomes to make the entire printer dirty.
Sometimes, waste ink around the head of the sprayer or small particles of paper left within the printer roller creates the same kind of printer error. To fix the error code 0x97 you must remove the presence of unwanted elements within the printer with the help of wet tissue.
Note: We strongly recommend using a wet (usually moist) fabric to clean your printer. Here’s how to get your Epson printer clean:
- Click on the ‘Power’ button of your printer and turn it off.
- Turn around your Epson printer and open the ‘Epson printer casing’.
- Now, take a tissue and spray it on your Epson printer with warm water.
- Now, clean the printer’s internal parts most notably the mechanical pad and other areas of the body.
- Afterwards, remove the wet tissue and wait until 15 minutes.
After implementing the steps one by one, assemble the printer part by part and turn your printer on using the power button. Now, open any important document and print it to see if the Epson WF 3620 error code 0x97 has been fixed. In case, you want to try another method, read the next content.
Turn On and Off Your Epson Printer
Sometimes even major printer errors including Epson error code 0x97 can be fixed by just turning off and on your printer.
- At first, unplug the USB accessories from your Epson printer.
- Now press and hold down the power button about a minute from your printer. It will let your printer reset.
- Now, one by one plug back all the parts of the printer.
To turn on the printer, again press long and hold the power button for another minute and then run a test print to check if Epson printer error code 0x97 is solved.
We are hopeful that the much detailed guide on Epson error code 0x97 came in handy and all the fixes helped you in dealing with the error and your printer can print documents smoothly. Do not shy away to leave a comment if you have left with any question or doubt. Contact our tech experts for any assistance regarding Epson printer error code 0x97.