A wireless printer set up is one of the core elements of business activities at workplaces. Doing it in a desired manner ensures the availability of your printing machine for official purposes and when you feel the need for it.
When it comes to setting up your Brother printer, it is important to follow the rules for an uninterrupted performance. So, to make sure that you can connect your printer to your business or home internet connection in the right way, make sure that you follow all the steps without eliminating any of them.
How to connect Brother Printer to WiFi
Before performing the steps to connect Brother printer to WiFi, it is a wise idea to note down the settings and important information related to your WPS network on a piece of paper. Next, keep this information handy as it can come in handy later. The two important things that you should make a note of include network name and network key.
You can find this useful piece of information on either the backside of the router or on the documentation such as the invoice of your Brother printer.
After locating the settings of your wireless router, you are now ready to set up your wireless printer. Follow these steps on how to setup WiFi on Brother printer.
Setup Brother printer on Wi-Fi
Wondering how to connect Brother printer to WiFi? It does not take much effort. All you need to do is perform a few simple steps to accomplish the task.
- Examine the side or base of or your access point or wireless router.
- Go through the documentation thoroughly. You are likely to find your requisite information linked to network name and key right there.
- The next thing you need to do is set up your Brother printer. For this, locate the power cord and connect it to your Brother printer machine. Next, connect it to electronic socket to power it on.
- Tap the menu button on the control panel of the machine.
- Next, choose network using the up and down keys again.
- Press the navigation keys (arrow keys) to choose WLAN and then press OK.
- Now select setup wizard by tapping the up and down arrow keys and hit OK upon the completion of this step.
- On the next screen, you will see the prompt to enable WLAN. Select yes to start the WLAN wireless setup wizard.
- You will see a list of the available network that are within the range of your machine. Use the up and down arrow key to choose your preferred network on the list. Once you have chosen your preferred network, click OK.
- Next, you need to perform an action, depending on the type of authentication method which you have set up. You may have either set up an open system authentication method or the one which necessitates a network key. If you happen to have set up the authentication method which necessitates a network key to unlock the profile, enter the key and press OK and then click Yes to allow the changes to take place. If the authentication method set up by you is open system, then proceed to the next step.
- The machine will begin the process of connecting to your chosen wireless network. If the machine connects successfully to the chosen wireless network, a message indicating the same will appear on the screen. Also, you will see a message corresponding to the failure of the process in case your Brother printer fails to connect to your selected WiFi wireless network.
Once you are through with these steps, you will b able to connect your Brother printer to a wireless network successfully. However, to make sure that the process of Brother printer WiFi set up is complete, do not forget to download Brother printer driver software.